THIRTEEN

Madison's eyes went wide as she watched her best friend heading her way, not having time to prepare herself for what she was going to say to him. She had to think of something before Rook caused a scene, and she knew he would. He was hotheaded and the most stubborn man that she had ever met.

"Dom, could you give me a minute with my best friend, please?" Rook asked in the politest tone he could manage, not wanting to snap at Dom for no reason. Dom reached out and squeezed Madison's hand before he got up to his feet to head back into the house to find Pete before he found Colson.

Rook took Dom's spot next to her and turned to face her, immediately grabbing her face to make her look at him. "I'm gonna give you a chance to tell me what happened before I assume the worst and go beat the fuck out of Dean." Madison took a deep breath and slowly let it out before she decided to just go ahead and tell him.

She told him the same story that she had told Dom. Not leaving out a single detail. Rook hung onto every word she said, feeling his blood begin to boil. He thought Pete just misunderstood the situation, but his biggest fear was actually true and he was going to fucking handle it. "Okay, that's all I needed to know."

Madison shot up to her feet when Rook stood up and began making his way back into the house, knowing he was about to start a fight. "Rookie, please don't do anything. It's okay. I'm okay." He ignored her and stepped inside before immediately beginning to look for Dean.

Once they reached the living room, she found Dom heading straight for Dean. She mumbled curse words under her breath before she quickly ran ahead of Rook to go stop him, slipping herself between him and Dean. "Dom, look at me. It's not worth it." She begged, her eyes glued to his, silently begging him to walk away.

"Dom? So this is the guy you have been texting, huh?" Dean spoke up, Madison's heart beginning to race all over again. He came closer to them, eyeing Dom with the angriest glare she had ever seen. She wasn't sure why he was so mad, it wasn't like he really cared about her.

And as if things couldn't possibly get any worse, Colson seemed to appear out of nowhere, immediately sensing the tension between the two. "Madison, I knew this was going to happen. You need to handle this." If he only knew that she was trying so hard to do just that.

"Why do you seem so intimidated by me? Is it because you hit your girlfriend and I don't do shit like that?" Dom blurted out, everyone hearing every word he said, including her brother. She knew there was no stopping this anymore. So she quit trying.

Colson had a surprised look on his face that was quickly replaced by anger. "What the fuck is he talking about, Dean? Did you put your hands on my goddamn sister?" He shouted, the entire room falling silent. Even the music had stopped at this point. Madison wished she could just hide from all of this. But she couldn't.

"Look at her face, bro. She told me the whole story." Rook chimed in from behind her. Colson turned his gaze to her to see for himself before he reached out to grab Dean by the throat and slammed him up against the living room wall.

"If you so much as look at my sister again, i won't hesitate to fuck you up." He stated in a cold tone, eyes shooting daggers at Dean. She knew it wasn't going to be easy for her. She did the one thing he told her not to do, so she had to prepare for what was bound to come.

She watched Dean raise his hands in defense, nodding his head at an angry Colson before he was let go, a small smirk coming to his lips as he made his way to the door that Madison just so happened to be standing by. "I told you not to tell anyone." He told her through gritted teeth, his fists clenching by his sides.

Nobody had time to make it to her before Dean's fist connected with the side of her face. She fell backwards into a random girls arms, the last thing she saw was Colson throw a perfect right hook at Dean, followed by Rook kicking him right in the face as soon as he hit the ground.

"Maddie!" She heard Dom yell before she was pulled away from the girl who caught her and lifted into his arms. Her vision was going black. She didn't believe he had hit her that hard. But when she finally blacked out, she welcomed the darkness, her mind going blank for the first time in a long time.