TWENTY-EIGHT

Madison's first night alone without Dom was even tougher than she expected it to be. She couldn't sleep at all, not even a small doze. She just laid there with her eyes wide open, hugging a pillow tightly to her chest as if it were him.

She wondered what he was doing, if his plane landed or if he was still on it. She also wondered if he was unable to sleep like her. She gave up trying to fall asleep and grabbed her phone from the charger, her thumbs typing away a new text message.

Madison: hey, are you awake? I can't sleep.

Dom: I'm awake. I can't sleep either.

Madison: I'm so used to you sleeping with me that I can't even seem tired enough to close my eyes.

Dom hated the fact that she was experiencing insomnia because of him being gone. He began feeling as if leaving her alone was a huge mistake.

He should have stayed with her. He loved being near her and being away from her hurt him just as much as it hurt her.

Dom: you need to sleep, baby.

Madison: I love it when you call me that :(

Dom: baby? awe, that's so cute.

Madison: I don't wanna sleep without you. It doesn't feel right.

Dom: why don't you call me on facetime? we can get some sleep together.

Madison shifted in her position on her bed and got comfy before she pressed the facetime button next to Dom's contact. It rang only a couple of times before a mess of red and black hair appeared on her screen.

Dom plugged in his headphones and put them on before his eyes landed on her sleepy face. "You look absolutely adorable when you're sleepy. How can you not be tired? You look exhausted."

She flashed a small smile at him before she propped her phone up on the pillow next to her and pulled the covers over her body. "I never said I wasn't tired. I said I didn't want to sleep without you."

"Well, I may not be there physically but i'm right here nonetheless. Get some rest, baby." She let out a soft yawn, deciding that him being on facetime with her was good enough. She could at least try to go to sleep.

"How much longer until your plane lands?" She mumbled to him, wanting the sound of his voice to put her to sleep.

"About five hours or so."

"You need to get some sleep too. I want you to be safe and you won't be if you are running on no sleep."

"I could say the same thing to you." He had his award winning smile spread across his lips. She loved seeing him smile, it was comforting.

She couldn't help the fact that she no longer wanted to sleep. She wanted to talk to him. He looked too pretty for her to not sit there and stare at him.

He had his eyes closed now, his lips slightly parted as he tried his best to sleep in the uncomfortable airplane seating.

He knew she was staring at him instead of trying to get some sleep herself. He could practically feel her eyes burning into him. "Baby, you are supposed to be sleeping."

He opened his eyes to see her laying there in her bed, her blue eyes watching him intently. "I can't go to sleep yet."

"Why not?" She took notice of how his voice was deep and raspy when he was sleepy. Another thing she added to the lost of things she noticed about him.

"Because you haven't told me you loved me yet." It seemed silly to her but she needed to hear it again. When he said it the first time, she was so shocked that it barely registered.

Dom let out a light laugh and rolled his eyes playfully at the girl who refused to sleep when she desperately needed it. It didn't seem silly to him.

"Goodnight, baby. Please get some rest so I don't worry about you. I love you."

She smiled fondly at the boy she loved on the screen before she finally closed her eyes when he did, feeling more comfortable but still unable to actually fall asleep. "Goodnight, Dom. I love you too."

She hugged his pillow tighter, peeking up at Dom who still had his eyes closed. She flashed a small smile before she quickly plugged her phone back in so it wouldn't die.