Chapter FIFTEEN

Thick strained silence envelops the room. It's the type of intense quiet where you can not only hear your heart beating but other hearts beating in different rooms.

The declaration that just came from her mouth has robbed me of speech. There is no way what she says is true. I mean James and I are having problems but would the moon goddess really strip me of my mate because of my infidelity. I mentally shake my head. No this woman is delusional.

"What are you talking about? You're not his mate I'm James's mate."

My statement takes her back she blinks a few times tilting her head in confusion. "I didn't think he would be an Alpha Mate he has such a subtle aura to him" Her eyes drop to my abdomen. "So you're the one that cheated on him." I jerk back as if she'd slapped me. I cover my stomach defensively and a little bit in mortification.

"That's none of your business."

"I know what I felt Alpha there were sparks when we touched. They were warm and made me feel safe. He is my mate" she smiles reminiscingly.

"I'm sure you're just mistaken. You probably fabricated them because of your distraught situation." I grit out through clenched teeth. I can feel my wolf pacing in my mind becoming more angry by the second, like any she-wolf she is very possessive of her mate.

I have to dissuade this woman's craziness before she becomes even more fanatic or my wolf comes out and persuades her to change her mind with her teeth and claws.

She raises a challenging eyebrow and cockily crosses her arms "I'm not mistaken he felt them too Alpha how do explain that?"

How did I explain that? My confidence depletes and I feel cold. I start picking apart and second guessing everything that's happen. What if I've truly lost him to her. Earlier in the foyer he did seem very concerned for her well being and he did risk his life for her's as well.

I sit here completely torn. On one hand I want to break down and moan my lost but on the other hand my wolf is pushing me to eliminate the threat. I look to the rogue, her arrogant attitude is definitely not helping calm my wolf. I get the feeling she doesn't like me very much. Looking into her eyes I make my decision. I don't give a shit if she doesn't care for me she's not getting my mate. My eyes glow and I prepare to let my wolf take over. I'm done being nice.

Doctor Gage chooses that moment to enter the waiting room and distracts me. We both turn and look to him. His scrubs and lab coat are covered in blood. He pauses and looks between us hesitantly obviously feeling the hostility in the air. He clears his throat nervously.

"Alpha I just came to tell you that everything checked out fine with James the nurses are going to finish closing his wounds and wrapping him up and then we're going to place him in a recovery room."

I jump up from my chair and walk to him "No spinal injury??" I ask temporarily forgetting the rogue.

"None I closed the contusions running down his spine as well."

"That's great news!" the rogue exclaims effectively bringing my attention back to her.

"Yes I'm extremely thankful Doc. My mates recover will also set the pack at ease

"Don't you mean our mate?" she ask scooting forward in her chair.

"'Our mate' my ass rogue. If I were you I would shut the hell up because I'm two seconds off yours." I growl over my shoulder she leans back in alarm.

My attention snaps back to a perplexed Gage "Doc you've studied werewolf biology correct?"

"Well I'm not an expert, anatomy is more my expertise, but yes I am quite versed with the subject" he nods his head.