Chapter FIVE

High pitch screams instantly fill the air. Sparks fly and bolts of electricity shoot all over her body. I lean back and I squint at the light show. I have to be careful not to touch her or I will be shocked as well.

Her body is jerking and convulsing more violently than before. Blood begins to steadily leak from her eyes, nose, ears, and mouth. Smoke starts to lift from her body and the scent of her cooking flesh is strong in the air, enough to make me gag.

Suddenly her screams stop and her eyes take on a pale glassy appearance but her body is still shaking all over the gurney. I remove the prod and her body collapses like dead weight.

I look at her closely and notice she isn't blinking. "Heellooo" I wave my hand in front of her face but she doesn't respond.

I lean my head down and put my ear to her chest. I don't hear a heart beat.

"Shit shit Shit" I retract from her. I didn't  mean to kill her.

I immediately start doing chest compressions on her while simultaneously contacting the pack doctor through mind-link.

'Doc I need you in here and bring your resuscitating kit.' I try to keep my voice neutral although I'm freaking out a little. I hate killing unnecessarily.

'On my way Alpha' Gage responds. I cut the link and continue administering CPR.

"1-2-3-4-5" I pump my hands into her chest then close her nose and breath into her mouth. The metallic taste of her blood coats my lips but I  ignore it.

"Come on, come on." I repeat the process over and over until the pack doctor rushes through the door, behind him he's wheeling a giant suitcase filled with medical supplies.

I separate from the rogue and Doctor Gage begins working on her. Over the years he has gotten use to these type of emergencies so he doesn't bat an eyes at her appalling appearance. He starts asking me rapid fire questions.

"How long has she been like this?"

"About five minutes"

"What caused this condition."

I show him the cattle prod "Electrocution" I don't elaborate.

He reaches into his bag and pulls out a portable defibrillator "Ok well I'm guessing the electricity from the cattle prod just disrupted the rhythm of her heart, with just the right amount of jolt we should be able to get it back going."

"I don't think it's just the heart that's the problem here. She's bleeding from her eyes!"

He moves in to get a better look at her injuries. There's a red trail of blood leading from her ears to a large pool under her head "That's not a major concern I'm sure the bleeding was triggered by some internal injury she sustained, which her wolf should be able to heal eventually."

"Ok if you say so" I step back from the gurney "Do your thing Doc"

He starts to prep and remove a small tub from his case. He squeezes the contents onto his fingers and then rub the clear gel onto the defibrillator paddles. Once done he looks at me for finally confirmation I give him an a single nod. He raises his arms, yells 'Clear', and jolts her body.

I lean down to see if I can hear a heart beat and Nothing.

He does it again.

Still Nothing.

"Come on Doc is there any thing else we can do?"

"One more time Alpha, Clear!" he jolts her body.