Chapter THIRTY-TWO

THE LIGHT SULTRY voice immediately ends our internal banter. I spin on my heels and see a pretty petite brunette woman standing in the doorway. So preoccupied with my wolf I didn't detect her approach. This is not good, I'm still in between forms.

My eyes feel warm so I know their still glowing and a thin layer of fur still covers my arms and face. I attempt to at least hide my sharp teeth from view but they haven't shorten enough for my lips to be able to fully cover them. I look like I belong in an carnival freakshow and I'm going to scare the hell out of her.

The woman squints into the darkness trying to make out my figure concealed in the shadows of the room. She lets out a giggle biting her bottom lip and smiling seductively. She steps inside her hand reaching over to the light switch by the door. I hear a soft click and the room explodes with light.

"I was hoping you'd come back." she purrs.

She blinks a couple times to adjust her vision. When she spots me standing in the middle of the room she drops the sex kitten act. She gasps in fright her whole body tensing and every ounce of color leaves her face.

"What the hell?" the woman eyes rake over me looking me up and down in disgust.

"Don't be afraid I'm not going to hurt you" Oh wonderful my voice sounds like there's a sick frog lodged in my throat.

The woman cringes at the rough sound her shoulders raising to her ears. She takes an experimental small step back towards the doorway.

"Wait just be cool don't run"

I lift hand and she flinches at the movement. I see the exact moment in her eyes when she decides to run and I rush across the room using my advanced speed and pounce on her before she can completely turn to the door. I wrap my arms around her waist from behind and lift her off her feet. The woman becomes a hellcat in my arms squirming wildly and clawing at my hands to get me to release her.

"Let me go you freak!" She screams her head rearing back and connecting painfully with my chin. I shake my head to get rid of the stars dancing in my vision.

Crap, I really hope no one heard that. I quickly cover her mouth mashing her lips into her teeth to prevent her from biting me or risk biting herself. My other arm releases her for a split second and I capture her flailing arms to trap them awkwardly to her chest. With her waist now free. She starts bucking her rear slamming into my pelvis.

"Geez I'm not going to hurt you just relax. I can't have you causing a scene."

Her hair slaps my face as she flings her head about the scent of her sweet shampoo drifting up my nose.

I freeze. Is that Vanilla?

I begin to shake with fury my chest rumbling like a violent storm as a deep growl builds. The woman whimpers in pain as my arms tighten around her crushing her to me with a bruising force. I turn towards the bed and throw her onto the soiled sheets. She lets out a shriek as bounces on the mattress.

Before she can catch her breath I'm on top of her straddling her hips her arms trapped at her side by my knees and have one hand back covering her mouth. The other hand I use to rip up a section of the sheets beside her head. I bring the fabric to my nose and take a deep breath identifying the different scents. I recoil nauseous at the cocktail. I throw the sheets away then lean down and sniff at her face. She tries to turns her head away from me but I've already gotten what I need.

"You bitch I should kill you right now" I glare down at her. Nice Christy has left the building and homicidal Christy is making her debut being cheered on by her biggest supporter, her blood thirsty wolf side, who is currently fan-girling inside my head ready for some action.