Chapter FOUR

Amber POV

My body is deliciously sore as I make my way through the halls of the pack house. James was INSATIABLE this morning. Only after I reminded him that I had business did he stop, well after one final knee weakening round of love making. Every move I make reminds me of our morning exercises. He seemed almost desperate this morning like he was trying to solidify and reaffirm our bond with every firm touch and every delirious taste.

I quiver and sigh dreamily. I love that man.

After talking to James last night it feels like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. The reassurance of his admiration and commitment made me feel like everything's going to be OK. We can get through this together me, James, and the baby.....and Dallas somehow, but I refuse to dwell on him right now. I need to focus.

Overall this morning has proven to be very productive.

I have taken care of all preparations for memorial services for our fallen members as well as checked on the wounded in the infirmary. The rogue attack was a huge hit for us that we will be filling for quite awhile. Even after all our preparation I feel like we still weren't ready and I failed as their Alpha.

My mood quickly sours and my post sex buzz fades. I heave a huge self depreciating sigh. I hope my pack's faith in me has not deteriorated. My only chance at redeeming my self is to extract useful information from the captured rogue. Maybe then we can come up with a plan of defense as well as a a good offensive strategy.

I make my way downstairs to the basement stilling myself for this very unpleasant encounter I'm about to have. I am not a big fan of torture but when you're a Alpha it becomes a necessary evil to keep your pack safe.

I reach the simple yet foreboding steel grey door to the interrogation room.

Before I enter I mind-link the pack doctor to be on standby. I will need him to patch her back up once I'm done. See I'm not completely heartless. After I receive his affirmation I unlock the door and walk in.

A strong smell of bleach and disinfectant assault me as I enter. I crinkle my nose in distaste cursing my advanced werewolf senses.

I look around the room. Fluorescent lights line the ceiling making it extremely bright and off setting the grey of the all stone room. On two of the walls there are a plethora of various instruments of 'interrogation' such as knives, whips, canes, tasers, and things of that nature, to the left of me is a two-way mirror in case someone has to monitor the interview from a side room, and right in the center of the room is a metal gurney that is used to incapacitate the rogues with unbreakable silver restraints.

I walk over to the shaking form that now occupies the gurney and gaze down at her. The woman is in pretty bad shape even for a rogue. She's very small in stature and severely underweight.

We caught her hiding on our  territory about thirty minutes after the retreat of the rogues. Jared, one of my lead enforcers, found her hidden in a cave on the west side. They say she fought, screamed, and begged while they dragged her back here, saying over and over this was all a big misunderstanding. We shall see about that.

I take a moment to simply observer her. The woman is wearing a dingy yellow bra and a pair of green bloody panties. She's so thin her eyes and cheeks are sunken in. The skin over the rest of her body is stretched over her bones making them very prominent even across her chest where her breast should be. I look over her entire body and I don't see an ounce of fat anywhere.

Her body is riddled with scars including a long red puckered scar starting from her left temple going across her eye and nose stopping at her lips.