Chapter EIGHT

Amber POV

Everyone is in attendance tonight and I'm the center of attention. I just finished announcing my pregnancy to the pack with James standing by my side giving me strength and support. As expected we received a tremendous out-pour of love, congratulatory good wishes, and respect for the current Alpha couple and their Alpha pup.

To everyone else this is a wondrous occasion but for me it's a doomsday countdown. Even through all of the joy and positive atmosphere I can not be fully happy. I know it will only be a matter of time before my world comes crashing down around me.

There is no way that Dallas is going to stay quiet anymore. He is proud covetous man. He won't stand by and let everyone believe this is James's baby when he thinks its his. Fuck who am I kidding it probably is Dallas's baby.

As I look around the ballroom in search of him I take in the great job Christy did with the festivities. Everyone is having a great time. I'm glad they are especially after the bleak mood the rogues left us in. We needed some uplifting.

True to her word everything was kept simple. There was music via her iphone, a variety of food dishes were set up along the west wall, and everyone was in semi casual attire including myself who was in a pair a simple white sandals and light pink maxi dress that was snug enough to show off my baby bump with out being restrictive. I was also adorned in white flowers which is a custom in our pack for the female of the Alpha couple to wear during the celebration. Thanks to Christy they were intertwine in my hair that was in a neat bun atop my head and they are also around both wrist. After she was done with the accessories she applied light make-up to accent my outfit and then ordered me not to change a thing.

A pair of strong arms startle me as they wrap around my waist and place their hands on my round belly, by the amazing smell and pleasing shocks now vibrating through my body. I know exactly who it was.

"Did I tell you how absolutely stunning you look tonight."

I giggle and snuggle deeper into James's chest "You might have once or twice"

"Mmm that's no where near enough for me to truly describe your beauty. It would take a lifetime." I can feel James begin to kiss my neck and I close my eyes basking in the sensations. He starts going lower until I feel a shock of pleasure that shoots straight to my core as he kisses on my mate mark. I gasp unable to fully silence my arousal.

I feel his teeth graze my neck as he makes a trail to my ear before he kisses it softly "I love you so much Amber. I do today, tomorrow, until the day I die, and even after."

My breath catches at his words. He turns me a round so I'm facing him. I look him over he is so sexy. He's wearing a pair of relaxed black jeans, a fitted white button up shirt untucked, a grey vest, and a pair of grey and black high top Jordan's. Throughout the night I've seen many women staring at him hungrily but he only has eyes for me.

"I love you too James so much. You never have to worry about that" he give me a dazzling smile and just like that I'm captured and we are alone in the world.

We stay like this just swaying to the to the soft R&B music in the background staring into each others eyes. James begins to sing to me and his voice is enough to make my knees weak. He has the most sexiest singing voice Ive ever heard powerful enough to drop wet panties with a single verse. I have strictly forbidden him from singing to any other woman.

I get lost in our tiny bubble of content, but as with most good things it came to an crashing end because out of the corner of my eyes I see Dallas a few feet from us.

My breathing stops and all the blood drains from my face. I turn my head to look for him in the crowd, my mood completely ruined. I search around but I don't see him anymore.