Chapter 14- Sentimental Introduction

*********

Please show your support by voting/comment/sharing this chapter.

*********

The deep, dark bags underneath my eyes was an apparent indication that I didn't sleep a wink last night. Just my luck— a bulging pimple on my lower cheek decided to say hi today when I woke up this morning.

"I look disgustingly haggard, Erin," I muttered, meeting her gaze in the full-body mirror in front of me. I sat in Buddha style while Erin was on her knees, brushing and detangling the unruly waves of my hair. She just had finished putting light make-up on my face.

When it came to hairstyling, Erin was the closest to an expert. She had an obsession of watching excessive amount of hair tutorials online, making me her guinea pig when she had an itch to try it on someone. Even though she had her own hair to play on, she'd rather see it on someone else. She had an eye for style and chose it as her hobby.

"I think you need to slather the whole tube of concealer on my pimple. It's huge!" I said, attempting to pop it but Erin slapped my hand away.

"Don't touch it or you'll irritate it more and don't worry, you look fine," she reassured then went back to brushing my hair.

I let out a miniscule groan every time Erin brushed my tangled hair, my head going along every stroke to ease the pain. When she finished brushing, she grabbed the curling iron and wrapped a handful of my hair to the clamp. One by one, she picked hairpins from the containers—strategically pricking them in between my hair and locking them in place.

I patiently watched Erin work her magic on me as she transformed my rowdy morning hair into a beautifully tousled half up-do. Erin pulled a tiny chunk of hair in front to frame my small face and curled them, making it look a little elongated.

"All done!" Erin exclaimed, beaming at my reflection. "From glum to glam!"

My cerulean orbs studied the presentable reflection of myself in the mirror with a tiny smile. Compared to Olga's over-the-top make-over where I almost couldn't recognize myself (don't get me wrong, it was a good feeling), Erin's soft version of a make-over made me look like myself without a distinct hint of struggle to put it together. It was more of an au natural look and I preferred it that way.

The casual pink halter dress hugged the small curves of my upper body and the fanned-out style of the bottom half fell barely to my knees. I paired it with a flesh toned ballet flats. 

My lips were a sheer shade of pink and my cheeks dusted with rosy colored blush and finished off the look with a dash of white jasmine perfume.

"Not bad, huh?" Erin said, wiggling her eyebrows playfully.

I beamed at Erin. "Yes! I love this hairstyle!"

Erin released a proud scoff then patted herself. "I thought I was getting rusty. It's good to hear that you like it."

My smile turned upside down when I realized that I had been leaving Erin alone too much. A pang of guilt slowly swallowed me that my gaze dropped to the floor.

"Oh? What's wrong?" Erin asked, lifting my chin up to her level. She stood a few inches taller than me.

"It's just that," I muttered, biting my words and finding it hard to speak. "I always leave you behind and I feel bad that you're stuck here all the time. I know you're not a homebody type of person."