Chapter 4- Murals, Models, and the First Meeting

**********

Please show your support by  voting/ comment/ sharing this chapter.

**********

After many days of renovating, revamping, and hours of decorating Nana's very old house, Erin and I finally had the chance to go out and enjoy the Toronto sun. The warm May weather in the city felt different compare to my hometown— the fierce sun was aggressive yet the wind countered the heat.

First stop: Woodbine beach.

It wasn't the typical beach with white sands and sea salt water, rather a lake that stretched through the horizon, canoes spread around the lake. It was said that the sunset here was mesmerizing— no wonder many couples were hanging about. On the other hand, my best friend and I looked awfully single.

After walking around the beach for more than an hour, we decided to eat in a near burger joint.

"Thank goodness we're out of the house. I'd rather puke at the sight of romanticism than to listen to her boring sales talk." Erin muttered while twirling a straw around the glass of freshly squeezed juice. She wore a faded denim shorts and ballerina flats, her blond locks tied into a ponytail and her side bangs put together into a French braid.

I laughed at her remark. She was referring to Denise. No matter how many times I shut the door to her face, she kept coming back.

"Do you think she's there right now?" I asked my friend. "I gotta give it to her though, she's loyal to her boss and all."

She shrugged. "She seemed desperate though."

"Why do you think that?"

"You're dealing with the CEO of one of the most influential company in this country. Are you sure you can win this fight?"

"It's not a fight, Erin."

"Oh, it'll be one if you keep doing this. Did you tell your grandma about it?"

The idea made me shudder. "No, I prefer not to."

Erin's brow arched up. "Wow. That's a first for the good-two-shoes."

I chuckled and threw a single piece of my French fries which she successfully dodged. Then a pang of guilt rushed through me. "You think I'll get her fired? Denise, I mean."

"The CEO is a powerful man with the natural prowess to control, Em. If I were Denise, I'd be scared as hell if I don't get you to sign— and I'll probably start to apply to other companies in case I get fired. CEO's orders must be followed."

Suddenly, an image of a tall gentleman in a sleek Armani suit and leather pair of dress shoes flashed in my mind. I could imagine the mystery CEO parading a Porsche in downtown; his own yacht to goof around beautiful women that he could snatch, and a private jet.

Well, duh. His company manufactured aircraft parts. He must've had his own private plane, just like every other CEO on every romance novel I've ever read. Somehow, this mystery CEO started to morph into one of my possible worst nightmares.

What if he was going to use other measures to get what he wanted? The possibilities were infinite, especially with the money the CEO possessed. The thought made me cringe.

"Hey, are you okay? You're turning pale." Erin snapped me back to reality.

"I guess." I assured her and she continued on finishing her BLT sandwich.