Chapter 19- Lost and Found

*********

Please show your support by voting/comment/sharing this chapter.

*********

The leaves swayed with the rhythm of the crisp air and my skin tingled. I brought my legs closer my chest, boring my face to the warmth of my thighs.

I had no idea how long I had been sitting under this tree. Maybe an hour? Two hours? I was hurting inside, but the tears wouldn't fall. It was as if my eyes were too tired to let out the waterworks.

The sun had just set and the air became chillier. This was the very same tree where Marcus and I almost kissed. It was raining then, too. I closed my eyes as I listened to the rhythmic drops of rain as it hit the concrete bike trail, the smell of grass everywhere filled my nostrils as I let myself get lost to the sound of rain.

Mom...

Nana...

For Pete's sakes, even Erin.

I hurt them all. When did I turn into such a selfish person? This was one of the moment that I truly wish that the invisibility cloak actually existed.

I finally had the guts to pull out my phone that I kept ignoring for a while now. Six missed calls. Three voice mails. Two messages. One text from Erin. And all of the missed calls were from him. I raised a brow.

My finger itched to tap his message first but I reminded myself that Erin's message was more important.

No, no, no

No, no, no. He wouldn't look for me. We had been ignoring each other for the past three days. My finger tapped Marcus's message and my eyes rounded in surprise.

 My finger tapped Marcus's message and my eyes rounded in surprise

My chest tightened. He really was looking for me. I then pressed the code to access my voice mail. The cold plate of my phone pressed against my ear as the first recorded voice mail replayed.

Emerald, where are you? Are you okay? Are you hurt? Please answer your phone. I'll help you out.

His voice hinted exhausted but the way he said my name sent familiar shivers down my spine but I chose to ignore it. This wasn't the time to be tongue-tied. The voice mail proceeded to the next recorded mail.