Chapter 7- Disagreements

*********

Please show your support by voting/comment/sharing this chapter.

*********

How did it all come to this?

My eyes were glued at the sleeping stud on my couch. Marcus was still unconscious from my sudden and unlikely greeting-- a head-butt.

I couldn't help myself! The news from the other day made me agitated! I guess it was all the pent up frustration all gathered and delivered in one, massive head-butt.

"Ow."

I glanced over him as he hissed in pain. The ice pack I had placed over the purple bump on his forehead rolled over the floor as he attempted to muster his strength to speak up.

His eyes roamed around the studio like a patient in coma who had seen light for the first time. Despite his short appearance, he was heavier than I thought. Erin and I had to drag him from outside the studio door. I secretly prayed that he wouldn't notice the dust stain behind his fancy suit.

"Better?" I asked as I shot him with an icy stare.

"I guess I am." He grunted as the sun hit his face like cold water. "I'm not dead, am I?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Heaven won't open up to take you anytime soon."

"Is your skull made of steel?" He got up to a sitting position, pressing on the bump I mercilessly gave. "Why did you do that?"

"Because you're being an idiot. Why didn't you tell me about Catherine Elton? I saw the news the other day." I told him, pressing the cold ice pack on his forehead with a little more force. He grated once more.

"I don't know what's more amusing—your headstrong personality or the sheer fact that you can head-butt with someone taller than you." Oh how I'd love to head-butt with him again. He hadn't learned his lesson.

I scowled at him. "Well? Why do you want me to pretend girlfriend when you know that someone as famous as Catherine Elton is in the picture? Are you insane?"

Instead of providing me a direct answer, his attention was easily captivated by the splash of art around the room. We were in the studio, after all.

"Did you do all these?" He asked with amazement in his eyes. "So? What's up with you and Catherine?"

He let out a defeated sigh. "And here I thought you're going to easily say 'yes' since I'm offering you a handsome deal."

I shot him daggers. "No. There's no way am I going to say yes now that I know you're engaged to someone."

"I'm not engaged and I surely am not marrying her."

"Why not?" I probed, matching the intensity of his copper orbs. We fell silent for a while. I knew it. He had no intention of answering me directly and it pissed me off.

Marcus slowly walked up to me. "I have my reasons and let's leave it at that."

His stern look matched the finality of his tone. Did he thought that I'd gleefully accept his offer without some sort of explanation why exactly he needed my help?

"Fine, then. Find someone else." I spun around to exit the room but he quickly caught my arm.

"I hate to play the bad guy here, Emerald, but I mean it when I say I'll do anything necessary to make this property mine."