Chapter 32- Our Final Say

*********

Please show your support by voting/comment/sharing this chapter.

*********

Scared, nervous, bashful, and happy.

I felt all these emotions inside me at the same time that I couldn't rank which one overwhelmed me the most. Marcus was here—with his family, in fact, and I sat in the presidential seat with my heart on my sleeve.

We could see it in each other's eyes; we desired to hear each other's voices and touch once again. While I played the piano, I caught him staring at me again that I almost messed up my piece.

The darn piano was on the right corner of the room, facing the crowd. I had to fight myself internally while I play the most soothing music, chanting to myself to stop making eye contact or else I'd mess up my rhythm.

The night's event was far from over. When the socializing portion came to play, many guests approached me and asked me questions. Even the adorable kids asked me to dance but even their cuteness did not stop me from looking around the room for the man with captivating copper eyes.

My eyes recognized Marcus though his back faced me. I was about to talk to him when I was blocked by another familiar male.

"May I have this dance?" he spoke up as he bowed, his arm slightly extended with his palm ready for me to take.

I almost laughed at his attempt to sweep me off of my feet. "Of course, Cedric. It's an honour."

The slow dance began and our bodies swayed with the music. The waltz practice with Andy had helped me throughout the night. So far so good. No toes had been sacrificed.

"You look beautiful tonight, Emerald." Cedric whispered to my ear, his voice sent shivers down my spine. Some other females would take his tone as flirtatious but he was like an older brother to me. He helped me out a lot and he listened to my problems.

"Thanks. You look dapper, too." I complimented back.

We continued to sway with the music and at every turn, my neck craned higher to find where Marcus went to.

"Actually, I'm a messenger for tonight. Marcus wants to meet with you at the Royal Garden on the west side of the hotel. He's waiting there right now." Cedric said as we moved our bodies with the music. I should be hurrying now but Cedric didn't seem to let me go anytime now.

I shot up my brow. "Why would he send you as a messenger?"

He shrugged. "Well, for one thing, he's corny like that. Seriously. Who sends a messenger to meet with a woman he loves and wants to have a tête-à-tête when she's clearly few meters away?"

A chuckle escaped my mouth when he said that.

Marcus is just being Marcus, I guess.

"And also, I want to take this chance to apologize about his black eye." He added, a bit of hesitation tinted his tone.

"What... did you do?"

"Well...I gave him a wake-up call. You can call it that." he scratched the back of his head and laughed. "To be fair, he needed it and I delivered it. I still can't believe he thought you were some kind of a traitor. I know you aren't because you told me your story."

"That's the problem... he doesn't know my story. I waited 'till the last minute and the next thing I know, he accused me of being a traitor,"

"You're unbelievably perfect and forgiving. Marcus is very lucky to have you." Cedric said, his face was serious this time. "But I want to thank you for standing by him even though he messed up big time. You're the type of woman I want my best friend to be with for the rest of his life."