Chapter 20- Under A Star-studded Sky

*********

Please show your support by voting/comment/sharing this chapter.

*********

If I could sum up yesterday's incident with Marcus in one word, it'd be the word surreal.

After our cinematic meeting, the conversation we had had been engraved in my brain for a lifetime.

The swoon-worthy with a drop-dead gorgeous face, contagious laughter and undeniably hilarious and ϋber rich Marcus Don Valentine just asked me to be his girlfriend.

I thought I was going to wake up today, knowing it was all a dream, but a sweet good morning message from Marcus made me think otherwise. My hands clasped my phone, a grin forming on my lips as I read his message sent to me at five in the morning.

Good morning babe. I'm off to Tokyo this morning for a meeting. I wish you're flying with me so I wouldn't be bored in the plane. I miss you already.

It was only day one since his confession and he already had my stomach coiled, angels singing hallelujah in my ears, and my heart pulsing faster as I reread the message over and over again. Those three words, even if sent as a text, didn't fail to put butterflies in my stomach.

My fingers pressed the digital pads of my phone, letters morphed into my own thoughts. I hit send with a widest grin on my face. Darn it. I must've giggled a little but who cares?

"That's it. You've gone gaga over Marcus but I won't blame you. The guy is completely hot and I totally and one hundred percent approve. Yup. I ship it."

"Erin!" I jumped up the couch, completely taken aback by her and she threw her head into a laughter. Since the house only had two rooms, Erin and I had to share the studio for the night since none of us would gladly take the couch in the living room. Erin survived the night with just the sleeping bag. It looked quite cozy, truth be told.

"Something juicy happened yesterday, eh? Spill, will 'ya?" Erin sat up, her ears paying attention to every detail of my story. Her eyes bulging and her mouth suppressing a loud squeal by putting both her hands on her mouth. I watched her expression morphed at each of every scene—from excited to disheartened, to excited and then that puppy dog eyes.

By the time I finished, she also wore the same grin I had when Marcus and I separated ways.

"Oh my Goood!" she yelped.

"I know!"

"Are you guys... you know... official?"

"I-I guess?"

We stared at each other, Erin's mouth still gaping.

"Did you guys do the kiss?"

my brows furrowed. "What kiss?"

"You know! The ultimate kiss! The notebook kiss!"

I hushed Erin as she started to get louder. She gladly pursed her lips and nodded.

"Well... It's kind of like that but we didn't kiss in the rain. It's kinda cold last night and he was soaking wet from walking in the rain."

The gleam in her eyes shined brighter and her long set of lashes batted. "Aww! It's just as good as the notebook. The atmosphere is just so romantic!"

I smiled at my best friend. "Thanks for everything, Erin. If it weren't for you, we wouldn't have settled it. Who knew he liked me back."

"Oh, Em, you dense little pumpkin. This is why every heroine needs a third person point of view in her road to finding prince charming. I see what you were trying to ignore and I can see the way Marcus look at you. He really adores you and you're just building up your walls. Now that I knocked some sense into you, my job is done. I can happily leave you be."