Chapter 21- We Found Love

*********

Please show your support by voting/comment/sharing this chapter.

*********

After our small appetizing snack and short stargazing at the top of a steep ski hill, we decided to go for a little stroll. We walked with our fingers laced together, making small talks as we took in the calmness around us. Marcus led the way and ended up in the middle of a small quadrangle.

He turned his heel and faced me with a wide grin on his face. "Are you ready for our second destination?"

"What?" Taken aback by his question, my eyes squinted. Before he could give me a proper answer, I heard an incoming sound of rotor. I instantly shot my gaze upwards only to find out and realized what was flying above us.

My mouth gaped. Marcus was not joking about his mysterious "surprise" after all. Nope. Not with a freakin' helicopter flying hundreds of feet, circling above our heads at this hour! When I turned my head towards the mischievous man beside me, his gaze was fixated on me.

"Babe, say something. You're leaving me hanging here," Marcus teased but this man was surely enjoying my stunned state. His picture perfect smile said it all.

"I-I-I I don't know what to say! I mean, we're riding that!" I pointed at the exclusive mode of transportation flying above us. "Where are we going anyway that we need to ride a helicopter?"

"The other side of the resort. It's more convenient to go there with the copter than to walk and it adds to the thrill," He winked. True, it was thrilling and it was also a pleasant surprise to ride a helicopter for the very first time!

Marcus might not be aware but he was absent-mindedly taking many of my first experiences, and I was more than happy to have him beside me while I lived every moment.

Marcus waved his hands up to the sky continuously. My arms concealed the blinding light from the helicopter as it slowly went down to the surface, the sound deafening as it closed the gap. Marcus held my hand with a vice grip, intently keeping me close before the strong wind from the elisi blew me away. In a matter of minutes, the helicopter landed successfully to the ground.

A man wearing a plain white top and onyx pants breezed out of the pilot's seat, strutting tall as he sported an aviator sunglasses. I cocked an eyebrow. The irony of wearing sunglasses in the dark.

"Hey man thanks for doing me a favour. I know the missus won't appreciate your coming here." Marcus greeted the man with a friendly fist bump.

"No, not a problem at all. Anything for a good friend of mine."

"This is Leon Clarke, aircraft extraordinaire, as well as one of my very good friends since high school. Leon, this is my girlfriend Emerald."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," I extended my arm to the man named Leon. His dark locks were clean cut, his face free from stubble. He seemed to be around Marcus's age but with his mature demeanor was deceiving enough. He took off his sunglasses and his dark orbs met mine and smiled.

"Ah. So you're the girl. If you want to hear many of his embarrassing moments in high school, give me a call. I know just about everything and anything about this bastard over here," Amused, he accepted my greeting then winked at me.

"Hey, hey, hey back off Clarke. You're getting a little too friendly and you're married- just so you know," Marcus said to Leon then to me as he pressed his word harder on the word married, making his friend chuckle in delight.