Chapter 10- Into the Darkness

*********

Please show your support by voting/comment/sharing this chapter.

*********

I lifted my weight up to a sitting position on top of a sturdy school table I spotted at the very far left hallway. As soon as I sat comfortably, I removed the pair of Cinderella-like shoes Marcus had given me, kicking it away, then swayed my feet back and forth.

At a height of five feet flat, many had found it fascinating how my feet could never touch the ground while sitting. It was rather comfortable, truth be told. Being fun sized had its perks.

An out breath escaped my mouth. I didn't anticipate the night to be so uneventful. Hopes were set too high, I suppose. Partly, it was my fault for expecting too much out of this night. I should've steered clear from my wishful thinking of a romantic date (and Erin's the main culprit!)

"Here, drink this."

My head tilted up to Cedric, offering me a bottled water that he took out of the vending machine across the hallway.

I gladly took it out of his hand. "Thank you."

He smiled back then settled down beside me with a little distance from me, popping open his soda beverage then gulped out of it.

Gripping the top lid, I twisted it open to drink from it. The cold liquid ran through my throat like a rapid waterfall.

"Better now?" he asked.

Slowly, I bobbed my head up and down. "Thanks for bringing me here, it's quite a view."

Instead of taking me home, he offered to show me around St. Mary's. According to him, it'd be a waste of time and effort if I were to go home without seeing the entirety of the school.

Without second thoughts, I agreed.

And he was right. The interior of the older building was truly captivating. Built in the 1960s, traces of old fashioned walls and floors had lingered despite the unchanging wave of new style and interior design. Instead of abandoning it or demolishing it for extensive and sophisticated facility, the school decided to keep it as a reminder of the school's milestone and surprisingly enough, students still use this side of the building for holding student council and club room.

Although the classrooms were a little small compare to the main buildings, the atmosphere around here was calming, and I could see myself doing a sketch of the lovely view behind me.

The school was very close to the lake, and with the striking luminescent moon, the waters of the lake were like a sheet of shimmering paper, stretching for miles on end.

It was breathtaking. The old building wasn't that far from the shore but the barricade between the shoreline and the school property indicated that it was strictly prohibited to go beyond.

"Why did you take me here?" I asked while my eyes were glued to the breathtaking view.

"Just because,"

Squinting my eyes, I gave him a shrill look. "That sounds fishy."

Cedric raised both his hands. "I don't mean you any harm, Emerald."

"Unless..." The ominous tone of his voice made my suspicion deepen.

"What?"

"Unless you really want to hear the story that roams around this building." He continued in a sing-song tone but with a hint of eeriness.