Epilogue- Our Happiness

*********

Please show your support by voting/comment/sharing this chapter.

*********

Three and a half years later...

January 2015

Marcus Don Valentine, 30 y/o

Eating in my office was the norm before I met my wife.

And to be honest, I had no problem with eating in my office since cooking wasn't one of my strongest feat- that'd be Cedric's, and the bastard would use that talent to easily score. After all, my wife once said that the quickest way to a woman's heart was through the stomach.

Man, was she right.

Once she fed me the omelet she made, I craved one thing in my life: a woman just like her.

To share a kitchen with a woman who loved me, who deeply cared for me, and put up with my possessiveness. A woman who could put such beautiful colours in my life.

Since then, eating in my office left such a bad taste in my mouth.

I craved the warmth of home with her, to watch her beautiful face make all the weirdest expressions all day, touch her and make love to her, see her sketch while I read the eternal pile of proposals on my desk during our quiet time, and repeat.

'Till death do us part.

It was a great feeling to marry Mrs. Emerald Beatrice Darlington-Wren Don Valentine.

My wife always said it was a mouthful to say, but hearing her name with mine was the greatest satisfaction in life. It had only been four months since we got married. The day of my proposal to her felt like yesterday—when I knelt in front of her, a red velvet box in my hand right after her graduation—her sweet "yes" was the second most important answers she had ever said to me.

Want to know the first one? It was the day she wore the most beautiful white dress in front of the altar and said "I do".

So far, marriage was a bliss.

After about few minutes of driving through thick slush of snow, I finally reached the door of our condo unit. After Emerald and I got married, we decided to stay in my place since it was just the two of us. Besides, new house could wait until a baby comes.

When I opened the door, the smell of nostalgia hit me right away. There was something baking in the oven and it smelled like one of the recipe my mother used to bake on rare occasions- and by rare, I meant when she wanted to be in-charged of Christmas dinner.

"Babe, I'm home," I yelled when I entered the door. Considering how cold it was outside, it felt nice to be inside the house again. Tossing my briefcase and my suit on the side, I noticed some shopping bags on the sofa and assumed that she did a little shopping for herself today.

"Hi! Welcome back!" she dropped what she was doing and welcomed me home with a sweet kiss on the lips. Her blue eyes were as clear as ever but today, they seemed different. She looked fresh and effortless today, but right now, there was nothing on my mind but to get down and dirty with her.

A smirk morphed at the corner of my mouth while I devour her full lips. One of my hand grasped her plump buttocks while the other unclasped her bra. Emerald gasped and attempted to escape but she knew that once I get started, there was no going back.