Chapter 27- What I Want

*********

Please show your support by voting/comment/sharing this chapter.

*********

The sound of chatters from the guests, kids running around, and the mellow music faded into the wee hour— it was lovely with the crickets singing to the serenity of the night. I was at the balcony again, watching the trees sway slightly to the sound of the wind. My hands cupped the hot tea close to my nose, the minty aroma filled my nostrils down to my lungs. Nothing could ease a slightly chilly, late night summer breeze with a cup of hot tea.

Overall, it was a fun gala. The guests were surprisingly nice even though I was a new blood into their high class circle. My mom handled the press pretty well, too. A bud of pride grew in me as I watch her smile to the crowd, greet her old friends and make new ones. My grandparents were sticking close to each other as they have accepted Nana as part of the family. In span of less than two weeks, my family doubled in number. I felt very loved and welcomed.

I let out a satisfied sigh of relief then sipped my tea.

The suspect of my inability to hit the sack and call it a night was none other than Marcus. I couldn't believe that we almost did it, in his bedroom, while he was drunk.

God, I wouldn't be able to see him eye-to-eye once he was sober. It'd be embarrassing just remembering how I let Marcus touch me all over my body; the heat of his skin adhered to my own. I wanted to curl in a ball when I remembered what I told him, causing him to stop at the height of the heat of the moment.

Had I not said anything, he would've had me— all of me— and I had no problem with it. Surprisingly enough, I was just going with the flow, taking all of him in and just let him roam his hand without protest.

He felt good and I... wanted more.

Bad. Very bad. I know.

"Hey, Emmie." My ears perked up to that familiar voice and the unique name that my cousin had given me, and it quickly shook me out of my reverie.

The balcony doors slid open and Maegan Darlington marched forward. She held a pink mug on her hand, clad in her long, pink silky nightgown with lacy long sleeves. It had a very low v-line and it complimented her ample bosoms. "Would you mind if I join? I can't sleep either."

The corners of my mouth lifted. "Of course."

She sat next to me then leaned to the soft pad of the outdoor couch. "How did you like the event?"

"It was... nice."

She nodded. "It's a peaceful night, isn't it?" Maegan mewled in a low tone as she breathed in. She let out a flavourful smile as she breathed in the warm summer breeze, the moon was high up in the sky; its luminescence shining brightly upon us and I couldn't have agreed more.

"I hope you enjoyed the gala although it's not the kind of party girls your age like to go to, but tell me the word and I'll take you to some of the exclusive ones." She finished with a wink.

A sudden surge of embarrassment hit me. "Oh, no no no. I don't really party that much. And I enjoyed the gala as much as the next person. The guests are surprisingly nice and welcoming."

Maegan let out a sigh of relief before she sipped into her tea. "Really? Well, I'll take you to one anyway. You're in for a treat because I happen to be very good friends with one of the owners of the hottest and exclusive clubs in Toronto," she proudly smiled. "Anyway, change topic. I understand that this whole... social event is new to you so I took the liberty to sign you up with some etiquette classes like basic silverware knowledge etcetera— granny's idea, not mine. My mom also suggests to take you to some dance lessons and your mom left Reagan and I in-charge for some social etiquette."