7:06 p.m. (part 8)

I was violently shaking, staring at the screen with disbelief.

I looked down at the phone by my feet, highly considering calling up the police. But...what if Stacey was in trouble? What if when I told the police, all chances of contacting her were gone forever? What if she was killed because of me? She had said if I told the police...she was gone.

What was I supposed to do?

I still was standing in the same spot, frozen in shock.

"Jordyn!!! Its time for dinner!" yelled my mom.

I still didn't move. I heard the footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Jordyn honey, it's time fo--" my mom peeked her head into my room, stopping when she saw my expression. Her face clouded with concern. "What happened?" she asked, rushing up to me.

I shook my head, trying to clear my mind of the haze that had overcome it. "N-nothing mom...just...forgot there was a test tomorrow."

She let out a small sigh. "Jordyn, you have to keep your grades up. You've missed enough as it is. Now come on, I made some spaghetti," she said, ushering me down the stairs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting in Ms. Cady's class, waiting for the bell to ring. When it did, I would be off to Stacey's parent's funeral. The Marone family still wouldnt have Stacey's....just in case.

I heard the bell ring over the intercom, and I quickly stood up, gathering my books. I noticed Ms. Cady was doing the same, gathering her things. She gave me a small smile before coming over to me.

"I'm going too," she said, giving me a sad smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

I looked down at the caskets, white and gleaming, nails all along the sides.

A tear rolled down my cheek as it finally hit me.

They were gone.

I lifted my head, looking at the photo that stood before the caskets. It was a picture of them laughing together. 

I felt arms around my shoulders, and looked behind me to see my mother's face, tear-stained, eyes puffy. She gave me a weak smile and a slight squeeze before laying a bouquet of flowers on top of the caskets. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ms. Cady looking at me with a worried expression. I turned to her, giving her a slight smile. She smiled back sadly, before turning back to the people she was talking with.

I couldn't be more sad.