7:06 p.m. (part 6)

As I realized this, I had a sudden thought of complete and utter doubt. That Stacey was gone, that I would never see her again. That somehow they, whoever "they" are, had found out all these secrets only to get to me.

But...I was the one who had her journal. What if...what if they got to it first? What if somehow they hacked in, read everything, all her secrets?

Then why didn't they take it with them?

To get to me? Did they know I would somehow find the journal?

I buried my head in my hands, more confused than ever. Maybe Stacey WAS alive...maybe they were holding her hostage! But...that didn't explain why they would want to get to me! And they had said that her parents were dead...were they?

My head was swirling with questions. This was insanity. I again looked at the slip of paper which held the police agent's number...

I reached for it, reading the number. I then picked up the phone, dialing.

five

eight

four

.....

I suddenly stopped, abrubtly hanging up the phone. I couldn't do this....

I stared at the phone in my hand, still comtemplating calling, when it rang. I dropped it abrubtly and skittered back away from it. I stared at it, watching as the caller ID came up.

Oakfield City Police Department

I slowly picked up the phone. "Hello?

"Hello, this is the Oakfield City Police Department. We have news on the murder of the Marone family for Mrs. Call, or Ms. Jordyn Call."

I swallowed hard. "This is Jordyn," I replied, my body beggining to tremor.

"Well Ms. Call, we have found the bodies of Mr. and Mrs. Marone. They were found last night, abandoned in the Hawktaw Forest about 14 miles west of here. Their relatives asked us to inform you as well. We are very sorry for your loss," he said sympathetically.

I couldnt help the sob that ripped through me, taking away my composure. I put my hand over my mouth, trying not to let him hear.

"Again, I'm very sorry."

I took a deep breath, trying to keep my voice level. "And...and Stacey?"

"We haven't found her yet."

"Okay...thank you sir," I said shakily.

"You're welcome miss. Have a good night now."

I slowly put down the phone, tears running down my cheeks. They were dead. Stacey was right. They were dead.

"Honey? Who was on the phone?"

I didnt answer.

"Jordyn? Who was that?" I heard her footsteps coming upstairs. "Jordyn!?" She opened the door, took one look at me, and assumed the worst. "Did they find....?"

I nodded. "Just Mr. and Mrs. Marone. Not Stacey," I let out a shaky breath.

My mother put a hand over her mouth, turning away. They were her friends too.

Her last sliver of hope was gone. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Just a little blurb! I wouldnt really call it a chapter, sorry for the EXTREME shortness but the next chapter will be long again, don't worry! :)