7:06 p.m. (part 20)

I currently was in the back of a police car, on my way to the station. It turns out, one of the library’s janitors hadn’t been able to come to his job this morning, and he was making up for it by coming late at night. He had just finished his job, and went across the street to a little diner that was about to close. While eating he had seen someone go in.

And, the rest is history. He had called the police. So here I was, head leaning against the window of the cop car, driving down to the station.

“You do realize we’re calling your parents, correct?” said the cop, looking behind his shoulder at me. I nodded solemnly.

Once we had arrived at the station, he escorted me out and led me inside. I sat down into one of the hard wooden chairs with my head in my hands.

Stupid.

I was stupid. Why had I gone to the library? I should’ve never done that. What will my mother think? What will Lila and Arianna think? I had been caught trespassing. He had seen the name Stacey on the screen, he had seen the messenger. What would I do? What could I do?

I heard my mother’s frantic voice through the phone. The police officer was trying to calm her down, and from what I could hear, to no avail. Eventually, I could hear him hang up the phone.

“Your mother will be here shortly.”

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It only took her about ten minutes before she arrived, flushed and angry.

“What is this I hear about you TRESPASSING? Where were your friends? Did they make you do this? Why on earth would you do that!!!? Jordyn I am so disappointed in you!” she exclaimed.

I put my head in my hands. “I know mom, I know. No it wasn’t my friends idea.”

“Then WHY on earth did you do it!? That police man informed me you were using the computers?! On messaging or something?! We have a computer at home Jordyn! It may be slow but we have one! If you wanted to use the library’s why didn’t you go in the day?!”

I watched her rant frantically, not sure how to answer. “I-well…I just…”

She interrupted me. “Just WHAT Jordyn!? I don’t know what has gotten into these days! You’re so mysterious, you never talk to me anymore. I feel like I don’t even know you anymore!” she snapped.

Just then, the police escorted the janitor who had found me past my mother. We could hear snippets of the conversation.

“—take you in for questioning, just to know what you saw, if you know why she was on the computer. It won’t take long.”

My mother stopped the policeman.  “Does he know what happened at the library?” she said, looking at the janitor.

The policeman nodded. “Well, he is the one who found her. We are just going to take him in for some questioning. It won’t take long, and we can fill you in on what happened when we are done.” He said, starting to walk again.

My mother interrupted him. “No, I’d like to go in now please.”

The policeman nodded. “You can listen in. You are the mother, after all. Will she be joining us?” he asked, gesturing over to me.

I was about to get up, when my mother stopped me.

“No. She will not be joining us. Stay here Jordyn.” She said curtly. “Now, lets go.”

And then she followed the policeman down the hallway.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was practically dying of suspense, sitting in the chair miserably. I felt sick to my stomach, dizzy, and just downright awful. He had SEEN that chat, he had SEEN the name Stacey. He had even said it. Maybe he would forget, maybe I would be fine!

Or maybe not.

I sat in that chair for what felt like eternity, but according to the clock on the wall was a mere thirty minutes.  I heard the door swing open, and lifted my head to find my mother, the janitor, and the policeman staring at me.

My mothers face was bright red, her expression a mixture of anger, surprise, and confusion.

“Jordyn…what is this I hear about Stacey?” she said warily. “Is this true? You were on messenger with her?” she asked.

I froze, unable to do anything but gape at her.

“Well Jordyn?” she said, voice shaking.

I continued to stay perfectly still, not saying a word.

“JORDYN?” she asked, a bit frantic.

I bent my head down, eyes shut. Oh my lord….

“Do you know where she is!??! Jordyn, please tell me you had nothing to do with her and her parents!” My mother was in hysterics.

My head snapped up to look at her. They think….they think I had something to do with their deaths?  I had truly never considered that factor before, and now that I had I was in complete shock. “Wh-what? You think…you think I…?” I said in shock.

She looked at me in worry, eyes filling with tears. “Well no, I didn’t but, well, you had her laptop and her name was on the messenger, and you broke in, and you’ve been acting so strange lately, and…and….”

The policeman interrupted. “It all points to one conclusion, and that is you know something about Stacey that we don’t.”

My mother suddenly froze, realizing something. “That night…when you were on the laptop and I asked what you wanted for dinner and I thought I saw Stacey’s name…it WAS her name wasn’t it Jordyn!?”

I had my head buried into my hands, tears coming now. Everything was unraveling, everything I had risked and gambled with, all that happened to me, everything was unraveling.  The truth had to come out, but I had absolutely no idea how to say it.

“We’re going to have to take her in for questioning, Miss.  Is there anyone else you wish to call, anyone who might know something?”

My mother was about to shake her head, but stopped. “No-wait…yes. Her counselor. Ms. Cady.” She said. “I can call her, unless you want to wait until tomorrow morning.”

“Whatever you think.” He said.

“I’ll call her now then.” She said, taking out her phone.

“Time for you to come back.” Said the policeman. I nodded, and stood up shakily. He then took my arm, and led me down the hallway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: You guys must REALLYYYYY hate me by now, with my annoying cliffhangers. Im so sorry it took over a week to upload, but Ive been insanely busy lately. -_- Well, as you can see the story is beginning the end of the story (dun dun dun!)

Well anyways, any new theories? Opinions?

Fan, vote, comment, enjoy!!! :)