7:06 p.m. (part 16)

I was now on the old, slow, boxy family computer, trying to get on my messenger.

And I was failing.

The messenger was too new, too “high-tech” for my dinosaur of a computer. It barely made it on the internet, let alone instant messaging. There wasn’t a webcam, nor a microphone. There was no way she could contact me, and no way I could contact her.

I let out a groan of frustration, slamming my hands onto the keyboard. It was nearly 7:06.  My mother was out doing errands, and I was home alone.

I put my head in my hands, before deciding it was hopeless. Knowing Stacey, she would do SOMETHING to contact me…I just didn’t know what.

It was odd, how normal this was becoming. How now I wasn’t as scared to think I would be messaged by Stacey, and even accepted the fact she would contact me. I was scared to get a phone call- but hopeful, in case I heard her voice.

One minute until 7:06.

For some reason, I couldn’t tear my eyes from the phone. I wasn’t sure if it was fear, or maybe shock, but I was frozen in place. Facing the phone. Waiting.

7:06.

I stared at the phone in anticipation, but it didn’t ring.

The minute wasn’t over yet.

Suddenly, I heard a very distant ring from upstairs.

I whipped my head around to the stairway, running up and digging into my backpack until I found my cell phone, ringing, with the words “Unknown Caller” flashing across the screen. I flipped open my phone, and pressed the little green answer button.

“Hello?” I said, my voice coming out a bit shaky.

Silence.

Hello Jordyn.” A mechanical voice said from the phone.

I jumped a little. The voice was that of a womans- but it sounded as if it was completely mechanical- like they took it from google translator.

“What now?” I asked, trying to sound sarcastic and courageous. It came out shaky.

“Tomorrow at 7:06 p.m. you will get on the computer at the downtown library on the corner of 5th Street. You will get onto the 3rd compute-“

“But I’m going to Jacob’s party tomorrow nig-“ The voice ignored me.

“-r to the left, which will be on a table in the center of the library. You will skip your petty little party. You will tell no one of this phone call or that you are going to the library. I will contact you from there.”

I was stunned. “Who do you think you are, telling me what to do?! I can go where I want and tell people what I want to! Forget it! I’m done!” I yelled into the phone, shutting it angrily.

I was not going to the library tomorrow.

I was not.

It could be a trap! I could get kidnapped or worse, killed!

But I could simply be contacted…..

No. No. No! I told myself. You can’t go there- it’s too dangerous.

Besides, I told myself, my mother would be so excited that I was getting out and going to a party...I hadn’t been very socially active over the past few weeks. I’m sure she would be thrilled…

I couldn’t let Stacey take over my lie. I was going to that party tomorrow. And no one- not even Stacey- could stop me.

A/N: Hello fans!!! Well, the casting contest is over. Thank you for your submissions! Look to the right to see the cast!! The winner of the contest is….*drumrollllll*

herionetragedy! She suggested the casting of Jordyn- the main character. The rest I got on my own from friends and etc. I want to thank all of those who submitted cast members- I actually had a really hard time deciding! Thank you to all submissions!!! :D

I know some of the cast is unknown such as Megan Jones- she is an unknown actress- google her and you wont find her, I tried, but I’ve seen her before and thought she would be great to cast. I am going to put up a photobucket slideshow of all the cast once I figure out HOW…../: hahahha…Thanks!

Sorry for the shortness- this way THREE FULL PAGES on word!! ugh. Anyways, read, vote, comment, enjoy!!!!

~InspireMe~