7:06 p.m.

A/N: I’d like to tell you now, that this may be a little creepy, but I am trying very hard not to make it too much of a horror. ;) I don’t really like horrors...I’m more of a mystery girl. If you are new and want an idea of the story, check out the trailer to the right of the page. I made it for you guys to see. :) Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've lived here all my life.

And now, more than ever, I want to leave.

Last week, my best friend, Stacey Marone, died. She and her parents were shot at 7:06 p.m. Their bodies have not yet been found. Nor have the shooters.

But they have an idea of who did it. They couldn't see their faces clearly, only shadows. The only thing they know is that they are two men, appearing to be middle aged. The shooting was caught on tape by a security camera in one of our local store's parking lot. It was a panning camera, and just before it changed its positions, it caught the murder on video. At exactly 7:06 p.m., my best friend was shot and killed.

I saw the tape. I insisted on it.

I don't think I have quite registered it yet, her being gone forever. They all say I am just in shock. I believe it. It feels like Stacey is on vacation, just for a little while. Then she'll be back. But the sane part of my brain knows she won't.

Currently I am walking up the porch steps to her house, a house that was so familiar to me. A house where countless memories were created, where we laughed, cried, and did everything together. My mother doesn't know I am here, and she would be worried sick if she knew I was. Yet here I am.

I dug my keys out of my pocket, with the countless keychains Stacey had brought me from her vacations jingling. I came over here so much, they got tired of the sound of the doorbell and gave me a key for my birthday 6 years ago. I smiled before sighing sadly.

I pushed the silver key into the lock, turning it slowly, and opened the mahogany door.

I was a little taken aback to find that it looked the same as always. The couch had countless magazines sprawled out on it, with the remote sitting on the coffee table. Somehow I had expected it to appear more sinister, more menacing. Something that looked abandoned. But as I looked around, it seemed as though they had never left.

I half expected Stacey to come running down the stairs and greet me. But of course she didn't.

I walked slowly up the stairs, down the hall, and into Staceys room. It was small, but cozy, painted bright red, her favorite color. It was adorned with pictures and souvenirs from all of her vacations. The room was an organized mess, the shelves and furniture covered with random trinkets and photos. But somehow, they all had a place here.

I shoved her papers off her bed, and sat down, looking around the all too familiar room. As always, there was her desk covered in hair products she used to tame her thick brown hair. Sitting next to me on the bed was her homework. I leaned over to see she had been working on the project we had been assigned together.

As I leaned over, my arm hit something hard. I brushed away an old notebook to find her ruby red laptop sitting next to me. Suddenly, curiousity took over. She had always said she kept a computer diary. She said that way, she could delete anything she wanted if someone tried to read it. I opened it up, and saw the box pop up.

Username: Stacey321

Password:

I racked my brain, before typing in her birthdate. A message in red writing popped up.

"Incorrect password."

I thought again before trying both of her parent’s birthdays, and getting the same message. I then tried her full name, her old dog's name, all with no success. Finally, I typed in mine.

The box disappeared, and the computer brought me to her home screen. A wave of sadness washed over me. My birthday was her password...I was touched, but it also increased how much I missed her. Blinking away tears, I quickly clicked on the link labeled "My Diary" and clicked on the first entry labeled "READ ME". I chuckled sadly at what I saw.

This is the property of Stacey Marone. Anyone who isn't Stacey Marone better get out of here before I kill you.

Sincerely,

Stacey :)

I sighed sadly before going back to the files of entries. I wanted to see what she wrote before she died. I scrolled down, and quickly clicked on January 3rd to read her entry.

January 3rd, 5:20 p.m.

Today is Friday, thank God! I still have to do that report with Jordyn. I'm so happy I have her as a partner, considering all the other people in that History class are morons. We come over to each other’s houses so much anyways. It shouldn't be too hard.

Dad has been acting strange lately. I don't know why, but he seems so tense. I wonder if it's from work? I hope it stops soon.

I don't really have much else to write for today, so goodbye!

-Stacey

That was what she wrote the day before her death. It was so...normal. So innocent and unsuspecting. I slowly closed my eyes, and took a shaky breath before going back to her folder of diary entries. I raised my eyebrows in surprise as I saw an entry labeled "January 4th"

Maybe she wrote something that morning. I clicked on it and read the small entry.

January 4th, 7:06 p.m.

I died.