7:06 p.m. (part 14)

I shakily picked up the phone, putting it to my ear.

"H-h-ello?" I stuttered, listening for an answer.

"Hello Jordyn. This is the Oakfield City Police Department. We have called you in regards to your mothers email about the laptop--"

I felt relief course through my veins as I heard the friendly voice on the other end. But then, confusion shot through me.

"My mother emailed you?" I asked, confused. She hardly ever used the comptuer...she usually calls.

"Yes...perhaps she didn't tell you...she was worried about your emotional distress after the laptop left. We downloaded everything as quickly as possible. Policemen will be over at your house tomorrow afternoon at four to give it back and to ask a few questions regarding the internet journal and a few other things we found on the computer...."

"Other things?" I asked, wondering what they had found.

"Yes...there seems to be some sort of bug in it. We don't think its threatening, as it isnt doing anything, but we checked it out and ran a security check on it. It seems to be gone."

"Okay. I will see them tomorrow then. Thank you," I said, still a bit shaken. They must have found whatever Stacey had used to track me....

"Have a nice day ma'am."

"You too," I said.

I hung up the phone and fell back on my bed. That was possibly the most scared I have ever been in my life...but I was also dissapointed. To hear Stacey's voice- if it was her- would be the most relieving sound to me right now.

However, it wasn't Stacey. It hadn't been her. It was the biggest coincidence in the world- and the scariest one. I was breathing heavily- almost hyperventilating, when suddenly my door opened. I jumped, before seeing my mother standing in the doorway.

"I saw the caller ID...why were they calling?" she asked curiously.

"They are bringing the laptop back tomorrow, they decided to after your email," I explained.

She looked at me, puzzled. "My email?"

I froze suddenly. It wasn't my mother....? Then it had to be...

"Oh...nevermind mom. The point is they are bringing it back tomorrow." I said, putting on the most normal voice I could manage. I couldn't let her know....

She looked at me suspiciously. "Okay Jordyn.....but let me know if anything is going on with you...."

"I have homework mom, I really need to catch up..."  I said acting stressed. She looked at me sadly.

"Okay Jordyn, well.." I interrupted her.

"I'm fine mom, just stressed!," I said, shutting the door in her face. "Love you!" I threw that in, feeling a bit guilty.