7:06 p.m. (part 2)

My eyes widened and I recoiled in shock, nearly falling off the bed. I shut the computer loudly and rapidly stuffed it into my bag, looking around the room uneasily.

This was impossible. Someone had to have gotten into her computer....the killer? It couldn't have be her. But why would they guess MY birthday as the password? How could they possibly know that? It didn't add up...

I suddenly felt extremely uneasy about this house. I should have never came...I then slung my bag over my shoulder and practically sprinted downstairs and out the door, locking it behind me.

I hurried quickly down the street. Should I tell anyone?

No, they wouldn't find that important.

Or would they?

I was feeling extremely paranoid. I kept looking behind my shoulder, walking as quickly as I could down the gray sidewalks. As soon as I got inside my house, I slammed the door shut and began to quickly climb up the stairs. Halfway up, I was interrupted by my mother.

"Jordyn!! Sweetie, are you ok?" she asked. I sighed, slightly annoyed. It had been my first day back at school without Stacey, and she was worried. She continuously pestered me about going to counseling, but I always refused. I could deal with it myself.

"Yeah mom. School was fine, same as always," I yelled down, maybe a little sadly.

Of course that last statement was a total lie. It most definitely was NOT the same. Stacey was my only best friend. Sure, I had some okay friends, but none like Stacey.

"Okay..." she said, sounding skeptical. “Remember....if you ever need someone to help you through thi-"

I cut her off. "I'm not going to a counselor mom! I'll deal with it myself....okay?" I said, annoyed. I know they thought I was depressed and in denial. I was a bit depressed, but not to the point I need a counselor. I didn’t need another person trying to "help" me right now.

I heard her footsteps go away from the bottom of the stairs and into the kitchen. I sat on my bed, and slowly pulled out Stacey’s laptop again, and typed in the password.

The journal was still open, and I kept rereading it.

January 4th, 7:06 p.m.

I died.

It must have been a mistake, a sick joke...I involuntarily shivered, deciding to ignore it. Suddenly I saw her messenger pop up. There were about 5 messages from various people saying things like "I'll miss you Stace," and other similar messages. I didn't understand those people. Why would you send a message to someone who will never respond?

I decided to sign out for her, considering she would never be back. I instead signed into mine, because my internet was extremely slow, and her laptop had 3G connection. I hadn't checked it in days, and also, I was a bit curious to see if Stacey had sent me anything on my messenger. It would probably be about our report, or maybe coming over. No goodbyes, I was sure of that.

When I signed in, I found nobody was on, and there were no missed messages. Well wasn't I Miss Popular, I thought sarcastically.

I looked at the clock. It was almost 7....I should probably start catching up on my homework. I sighed, and pulled my Algebra out of my bag. I hated Algebra. That had always been Stacey's strong point, while mine was English. We would always help each other after school with our homework, because she always had trouble with her English, spelling and literature especially. I wish I had her here to help me now.

About 10 minutes later, I heard a little *ping!* come from my computer. I had forgotten to sign out. My eyes widened when I saw Stacey's username.

Stacey C: Online

I looked at the clock, and suddenly I felt a little sick. It was exactly 7:06 p.m., the time she had been shot. The time that my friend’s life ended. Shaking, I typed in a message. I had to see.

Jordyn49: Stacey?

I waited a moment in suspense. After about fifteen seconds I sighed, almost in relief, when I heard silence from the computer. But also, in disappointment. I looked back at the screen.

Stacey C is typing...

I leaned closer to the computer, my nose almost touching the screen, trying to see if the words I was looking at were seriously there. If this wasn’t all my imagination.

*bing!*

I literally fell off the bed from the noise, and slowly sat up to look at the screen.

Stacey C: Yes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N oooOoooo SUSPENSE. I promise the chapters will get longer as I get further into the story. Thank you my fans!! Don't forget to comment and vote!