7:06 p.m. (part 5)

I suddenly felt sick. I slowly bent down to pick up the note, inspecting it.

It was Staceys handwriting for sure. Her y's ended in a little curl, and her name was signed with a giant cursive S, like she always signs it.

As I was reading it, I noticed the paper was shaking. I once again abrubtly dropped it, my head remembering the thousands of horror movies with possessed objects.

I suddenly let out a grim chuckle, realizing it was simply my hands shaking in fear. I was reaching down to pick it up again, when suddenly I heard a voice behind me.

"Jordyn?" I must have jumped about 3 feet, before I realized it was just Ms. Cady. I quickly snatched up the note and stuffed it in my pocket. She didn't notice.

"Ms. Cady? What are you doing here?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, I used to go to school here as a girl. I have been teaching at the high school for months now, but I haven't gotten a chance to visit. I was just visiting some old teachers. I'm suprised so many of them are still teaching! I grew up here you know," she said a matter of factly, looking around. "It hasn't changed much."

I was a bit suprised. "You grew up in Oakfield?"

She nodded. "Yes, I did. I went to college up north, and when I finished my degree last year I decided to come back here," she said, looking pointedly at the gaping hole at my feet. "Why are you here? And what on earth happened?"

I sighed. "Our class buried a time capsule a few years back, but someone dug it up early. I just came to take a look," I said, leaving out why I was really here.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Too bad the people in the future didn't get to see everything in it. I imagine it would have been quite interesting," I nodded, fingering the paper that was now crumpled up in my pocket.

"Pardon me asking, but is Mrs. Aron still the principal here?" she asked, looking at me curiously.

I nodded. "Yeah, shes been here forever. I think shes like 80 now," Ms. Cady chuckled, and started walking towards the school entrance.

"I think Im going to go take a look...its been awhile." she said, smiling fondly. She suddenly slowed, turning to look at me. "Oh...and Jordyn?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't mean to sound like I'm intruding in any way, but I also have a degree in counseling if you ever need help with Stacey's...incident. My friend, Mrs. Gauer, is a counselor and says you just refuse to come over to the center, despite your mother's pleading. I'm not going to pressure you to come or anything, but if you ever need any help in any way, just ask. Your mother doesnt have to know if you don't want her too," she said.

I fingered the note in my pocket. Why does everyone think I need help? She did say it nicely though, so I decided to be polite. "Thank you, but I'm fine."

She nodded. "I respect that. See you at school Jordyn," she said, walking off.

I looked at my watch, realizing that it was getting late. It was only 5:58, and it was getting dark out. Luckily, there were street lights along the road to my house.

As I walked, I started to go over the facts and possible reasons this could be happening.

Possible reasons:

1. She was alive

2. Someone was impersonating her

3. She was a ghost

I quickly dismissed number three. No, I don't believe in ghosts. Number two would be possible...if she didn't know so much about me. Number one...but why wouldn't she just come back? There had to be something stopping her. The only one that was totally possible was three.