7:06 p.m. (part 15)

I sat on the couch, watching the clock intently. They would be here any minute….

*ding dong*

I shot off of the couch, running to the door. My mother put her hand up.

“My lord Jordyn, wait for your mother.”

I watched her as she got up, doing so agonizingly slowly, and moved towards the door. I sighed impatiently. As soon as she got behind me, I threw open the door to find the two policemen standing there.

“Hello.” I said politely, stepping aside to let them in. I eyed their briefcase, which I was sure held the laptop. “Please come in.”

They stepped in, following my mother into the dining room, where they sat down.  “You know why we are here today,” said one of the policemen, pulling the laptop out of his briefcase, “So I suppose we should just get right to it. We read over the diary and we have a few theories. But the most important thing is that we found a virus on the computer.”

My mother looked at him questioningly. “What does that have to do with anything? They infect computers all the time.”

“This virus….this is different. It doesn’t seem to be active, which is what they told you on the phone, but we looked more closely into it and found that it looks somewhat like a tracking device.” The other police officer swiveled the computer towards us. “We managed to find the date it was infected…take a look.”

My eyes widened as I read the date. It was not what I expected at all. The date it was infected was over three months ago. “But…what does this have to do with Stacey?” I asked.

“The virus came from something she downloaded- unintentionally probably. It most likely was disguised.  We don’t know how someone did such a complex virus….it’s very hard to debug. We thought we got rid of it, but it just won’t go away. Like I said before, it doesn’t seem to be active, but it is a potential threat. Therefore, we are going to have to keep this computer for a while longer….” He said, starting to put it back in his bag.

“No!” I said, watching him stop suddenly. “You can’t do that, I reall-”

The other cop interrupted me. “Listen. We know you want it back, but it’s a threat. It isn’t safe.” My mother nodded, looking at me in concern.

“Jordyn, if it isn’t safe I don’t want you on there.” She said.

I put my head in my hands, knowing I had lost. I knew it wasn’t safe but…I was afraid. I was just starting to get used to talking to her over IM. I didn’t want to meet her somewhere else.

“The point is, we think it could have had something to do with her death. Like we said before, it doesn’t appear to be active…but it could have been.” I heard the voice of the policeman, before looking up from my hands.

“Mr…” I looked at his nametag to see Sean Healey printed in gold lettering. “Mr. Healey. Do you mean you think someone tracked her through the computer?” I asked. I had never thought of that before….

He shrugged. “It’s very possible. But the journal also suggested suspicion of her fathe-“

“You know what we said about him, he couldn’t have possibly done it.” My mother said, glaring at him.

“I know. I’m simply telling you the possibilities. According to the documents, her father had been acting very strange before the incident.”  The other policeman, whose nametag read Henry Loyil, nodded in agreement.

“I’m not even going to discuss that possibility, because I know it’s not true.” I said, folding my arms.

Mr. Loyil simply shrugged. “We are just trying to figure this out. Did you notice anything odd about the Marones before they died?” he asked, looking at me.

“No. I went through this the week after they died. I’m not going to be questioned again.” I said curtly.

He closed the briefcase, standing up. “Well then. If that’s all, I think we will be going.” Mr. Healey also stood up, nodding.

“Well, thank you for coming. Please, keep us updated.” She said, opening the door to let them out.

“You’re welcome. Have a good evening now.”

Then they shut the door, taking the laptop with them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NEWS BELOW! PLEASE READ!

A/N no more laptop! D: I think you guys know her communication with Stacey isn't going to end there though....watch out for clues in these updates...because the climax is slowly building.

And guys...IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!! You know John? I am going to be editing him out. He used to be crucial in the story but....I changed the ending. I am EXTREMELY happy with the new ending so he will be edited out. Is that okay with you all? I really didnt like him and felt he didnt fit in the story....but I am editing him out. JOHN IS GONEEE. If you want to reread the edited parts I believe they are 9, 10, and 13? or 14....anyways, you dont have to. Nothin changed minus the fact John is gone.

Now that I entered the Watty Awards, I need an all-star cast. If ANYONE has any new cast ideas, I have a contest. Whoever gives me the best cast, or part of a cast, or character, will get a student in Jordyns class named after him/her, who will get a small part, and a chapter dedicated to them. If you have ANY casting ideas PLEASE message me- frankly, Im clueless as to who to cast!! Thank you all so much!

PLEASE comment on the news above....<3 thank you! And DONT FORGET TO VOTE! :D :) <3