7:06 p.m. (part 30)

I was too shocked to move. I heard footsteps coming towards me, and finally stopping.

“It may have been outside. That or the squirrels and other animals that live around here,” said my captor.

I heard shuffling and moving of objects again, before the police officer’s voice spoke.

“Is that an attic door?” he asked, his voice right below me.

“Uh, why yes, that must have been where the noise was coming from! Of course, animals nest up there sometimes,” he said, thinking on the spot. “That must have been the noise.”

The police officer sounded suspicious. “Is that so? You are sure animals nest up there?”

“Yes, we had a family of raccoons a few years ago, I’m afraid,” he said.

At that moment, I started to finally come out of my daze. The shock wore off, and I began to think this through again. What should I do? Should I make more noise? I would already be punished severely for the noises I had already made, and I knew it. But...what if I made more and was rescued? Could I succeed in saving us, or would I only succeed in hurting myself more? Finally, I made my decision. I had been taking so many risks lately…I might as well take another.

Once again, I lifted my legs high in the air, and furiously brought them down.

*Thump!*

*Thump!*

I sped up the actions, letting out all my fear and rage in those movements.

*Thump!* *Thump!* *Thump!*

I stopped suddenly, hearing the policeman’s voice once again.

“So then, Mr. Grail, you wouldn’t mind me taking a look up there?” I heard him say, sounding smug this time. My captor, Mr. Grail, was now trapped. If he denied it, he would basically be confirming he was hiding me up here. If he said yes, then the policeman would find me.

“Well…” I heard him deliberate. “You won’t be finding anything up there, I assure you it’s only a waste of time!” he said, panic coming through his voice.

Once again, I decided to make noise.

*Thump!*

*Thump!*

The sounds had never felt so satisfying. Finally, my captor was coming to his downfall! Finally Stacey and I would be free to leave this place, without any fear or mystery! I threw my entire body into the movements, beating my legs against the hard floor, moving back and forth furiously.

*THUMP!* *THUMP!*

I heard panic below, but was too occupied to stop. I was not letting freedom slip away again! I heard snippets of the conversation below.

“I assure you, nothing is ther-“

The voice was cut off, when suddenly light flooded the attic. I froze, my legs in midair, staring at the entrance in fear. Who was about to come up that ladder?

I saw a hand come up into the attic, the person about to push himself up.

Relief flooded my emotions as I say a police officer rise up into the attic. He looked at me, trying to recognize who I was.

“Are you Jordyn Call?”

Tears spilled over in happiness and relief. I nodded, unable to speak because of the tape on my mouth.

He came over to me, untying my hands and feet.

“This may hurt a bit,” he warned reaching for the tape on my mouth.

I nodded, barely noticing the slight pain that came when he pulled the tape off of my mouth. As soon as it came off, I spoke.

“Thank you, thank you so much!” I said, weeping in happiness.

He gave me a small smile. “No problem. “

I heard running below, and I could only assume it was the man, fleeing. The policeman obviously heard it too, because he scrambled to the attic door, looking down. He then took out his radio, holding it up to his mouth.

I didn’t know much of police codes, but from what I could hear I think he was saying the man was fleeing.

He then turned to me, looking a little worried.

“Don’t worry, I have a man outside who will catch him,” he said. I sighed in relief, smiling at him.

“Now where is your friend?” he asked.

Excitement rose in me. Finally, she would have freedom!

“Let me show you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: YAYY! She is finally found! There will be about 2 or 3 more parts to this before the end. :) Now, let me tell you this is not the end of the suspense...I have a lot more coming. ;) I know this chapter was pretty short, but I will be updating VERY soon. Next chapter should be very suspenseful...

Also, thank you so much to all the new fans I have been getting lately!!! It's very exciting, thank you for supporting me!

Read, vote, comment, enjoy!!! <3

~InspireMe~

P.S. I changed Jordyn's last name from Parks to Call...I realized Jordyn Parks sounded a LOT like Jordyn Sparks! I was like whoops! Don't want that! Anywho, just clearing up any confusion.