Dairy

A week later.
Morning
Alentinio walked over to the table and places some papers on it. He and the Officer and Cynthiana and Cadoc were in one of the dimly lit questioning rooms.

OFFICER
We captured the cloaked men that shot in the gallery. It seems Lythe hired them to cause the havoc. Now Lythe is dead, there's less cause to worry.

CADOC
What about the art gallery? When will it be opened?

OFFICER
We're not sure as of now. Ava Amber isn't in the right condition to take charge again. She asked us to let Mr. Hamzer handle it. But he's under investigation.

CADOC
Why, what did he do?

OFFICER
He's had dealings with Lythe before. But he didn't help the police. So we're suspecting he was an accomplished like Mrs. Jane was.
But he could be innocent since he was probably threatened to keep shut.

ALENTINIO
(Takes a paper)
Also, Mrs Jane isn't alive anymore. So there's nothing hindering Ava from owning the house. She just has to sign under the law and it's done.

There was silence in the room for a while.

ALENTINIO
(Places badge on the table)
I came here to help the kiddo with Lythe. Now he's gone I don't see why I should stay. Those papers (points at them) are my resignation.

OFFICER
You could help a lot you know. If you stay you'll be made captain of the training division.

ALENTINIO
Hmm...no thank you. (Smirks) Too many things remind me of too many hurtful memories.

CYNTHIANA
I'll quit. Then you can work here. Seems I'm the problem right?

ALENTINIO
Hey don't worry. This is the last time you'll ever see my face...like right here.
And this is the last I'll see yours. (Sighs) Quite a pain but I'll have to endure.

OFFICER
I knew you two had something huh I see.
I'll see with your retirement docs Zhaki.

ALENTINIO
Very well. It was nice working again. Looks like I and Cadoc can forget about the case for now.
We'll leave now.

They walk out of the room and walk outside of the building. The clouds are dark and it's drizzling. The cars are shiny and the road is wet. Trees are rustling and leaves are flying.

CADOC
You're really leaving her? Like...really?

ALENTINIO
Cadoxton, you know. I may have had a hint she didn't really care. But foolish me was like
"I'll make her care even if she doesn't then I'll be fine."
Turns out people only see the bad in others and not the good. If you're loyal, sincere, caring... all that in a million ways, that one mistake you do will be enough reason for them to disown you.
And when they do, they turn their feelings off so they don't feel a thing. (Winks)

CADOC
(Sighs) Sorry that happened to you.

ALENTINIO
Well...don't trust a lot of humans. Being a lamerok just makes you see how fake people can be. You can see them smile at you, but when they're thoughts appear, they really don't care.
Be a little careful with them.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ava's room, afternoon.

Ava sat on the bed facing the window. Her eyes are cracked a little with some red in it. She's staring at her diary in her hand.
Downstairs she can hear Bill and the others shouting over a goal in a ice hockey match they are watching.
She's pale and has dark areas under her eyes bright red eyes.