𝟭𝟱. 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆

We are like, the most romantic people in ohio

In the Choir room, Mercedes and Rachel were sat arguing over who The Bodyguard was officially written for

In the Choir room, Mercedes and Rachel were sat arguing over who The Bodyguard was officially written for. With Rachel dead set on it being written for Barbra Streisand, Mercedes was arguing the case that it was originally for Diana Ross.

"No, Mercedes, you are wrong, okay?" Rachel insisted. "The Bodyguard was originally written for Barbra Streisand."

Coming into the choir room and overhearing the conversation, Mr Schue managed to settle the argument. "Actually, Rachel, it was supposed to be Diana Ross and Steve McQueen, back in the '70s."

"Thank you, Mr. Shue." Mercedes sighed, glad it was settled, and that she was right.

"I've been doing some research to prepare
for this week's lesson." Mr Schue told them, taking his pen and writing whitney on the board.

"Oh, my God, yes." Rachel cheered, clapping her hands together. "It's about time we did
a Whitney tribute!"

Speaking up from his seat beside Charlotte, Sam questioned, "Are we sure that's appropriate?"

Whipping her head in his direction, Mercedes pulled a face of shock at Sam's question. "You did not just ask that."

"I just mean, didn't Whitney kind of have
a lot of problems?" Sam asked, trying to reason where he was coming from, but Charlotte just covered his mouth with her hand so he got the idea to stop talking.

"She had a hard life, Sam. And?" Mercedes sent him a stern look.

"Look, this week isn't about passing judgment on Whitney." Mr Schue shook his head. "It's about celebrating her legacy, honoring her memory, her accomplishments."

"Which I will happily list for you." Kurt started enthusiastically before getting cut off by Mr Schue.

"But I also want you guys to use her songs to get underneath your own feelings. To express and explore what's really going on with you."

"I don't get it, Mr. Shue. What's really going on with us?" Finn asked.

"Well, for most of you, these next few weeks will be your last here at McKinley." Mr Schue said and Charlotte looked around the room at the people she wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to yet. "Lots of changes coming up, lots of saying goodbye. To your friends, to your significant others, to the last four years
of your life. For a young person, all that transition can be overwhelming. So it's easier to focus on other things. Like not being able to say goodbye to Whitney Houston."

"What are you talking about?" Santana asked with her arms folded across her chest.

"Santana, it's okay. I get it." Mr Schue tried to sympathise. "You're hanging on to Whitney
because it's difficult to handle the upheaval in your own lives."