Chapter 17 ♡︎

^I want one .

𝙼𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚒,𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚊
Saturday 2PM
𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚜 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕 𝙺𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝💛

𝙼𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚒,𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚊Saturday 2PM𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚜 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕 𝙺𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝💛

"When is your court date?" I asked Desmond through the phone. I wasn't going to answer when he called but I missed his voice.

"In two days. My lawyer already got them to drop the drug ring charge and the charge the cop made cause they got him on camera body slamming me for no reason."

"So they gon charge him?"

"Hell nah. Some shit bout self defense or sum."

"Wowww that's crazy."

"Yeah. But sense they ain't drop the other ones i'm looking up to about 5-6 years."

"Real talk?"

"Yeah. I'm so sorry baby I should of listened to you for real."

"What we gon do about us?"

"You gon live yo life. I'm not holding you back i'm setting you free."

"Shut up Desmond." I laughed cause this nigga can't be serious.

"I'm for real. Five years is a long time to wait on somebody and I don't want to put you through that. If it's meant to be then we'll find our way back to each other."

"Bae stop playin. Imma hold you down like Papoose did Remy. We fo life nigga." I felt my eyes start to water at the idea of us not being together.

"Angel i'm for real. I can't ask you to do that. Especially after I didn't listen to you. You shouldn't have to live wit that." I heard him sigh on the other end. "They just told me I have five minutes left. "

"So you breaking up with me?" I asked him trying to hold back my tears.

"Don't call it that, it sounds bad. I'm just letting you go. When I get out then we can go from there but for now I want you to live yo life. We can write each other. I want to keep up with how you and Carmens business do. And I want a picture when Baby and Sammy graduate in a few years."

"But I love you Desmond." There goes the fucking tears.

"I love you too bae.But aye I gotta go you still coming to my hearing?"

"Of course."

"Okay. Love you tell everybody I love them."

"I will. Love you too." And with that the phone disconnected.

I sat my phone down and leaned back against the head board.

I inhaled a deep breath and slowly let it out. "It's for the best." I looked up when I heard a knock at the door. "Come in."