Chapter 2 : The beginning

Bee let out a strong huff

She had spent HOURS cleaning up her older brother's basement room. It had been abandoned: dirty and full of dust, as well as reeking of the smell of old snacks and energy drinks. After all, no one really touched the cave of a room after he had moved away for college a year prior.

Of course Bee hadn't done this out of good will or anything. No matter how kind she was, she wouldn't be able to get herself to do this. There was only 1 reason for this: her brother's old PC.

He had received a brand new one for his 18th birthday, leaving this one behind at the family house. From what she knew, despite it's age, the PC was still in pretty good condition and ran well enough to play video games on it. Sure, Bee was definitely going to replace the sticky keyboard and wooden stool that her brother had used as a chair, but other than that, she was pretty content with what she had gotten. Thankfully with the help of her father, they had set up all the cables and got the PC up and running.

The girl dragged herself over to the wooden stool from where she had been laying on the old couch and sat in front of the brightly lit up screen. Quickly typing in the new password that she had set, she unlocked the computer to the standard blue windows background.

"I'll change this later." She thought aloud in a quiet voice, clicking over to google to check on all of the applications that she was simultaneously downloading. "I hope this doesn't overheat the PC or something."

After a couple of minutes of disinterested scrolling and basically just waiting for everything to finish up, Bee pulled out her phone and unlocked it. Immediately going to her messaging app, she clicked on one of the top contacts.

Bubs

Me
hey baby i jes set up the pc that i was talking abt earlier
what should i download so i can play with you?
baby?
are you there?
delivered 20:19

Bee waited patiently but a reply to her texts never arrived. She resorted to calling, but of course that was to no avail either. 

Eventually, she clicked away from her chat with Adrien, instead going into her dialing app once again and she clicked on a number that she never even thought she'd use.

Putting the phone up to her ear, the phone only rang 3 times before the person picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's Bee, Adrien's girlfriend. This is Max, right?"
"Yeah, what's up?"
"I was wondering if you know where Adrien is?"
"Pretty sure he said something about a family gathering earlier today, although I'm not sure."

'He didn't tell me about any family gathering.'
Bee thought, biting down on her bottom lip.

"Oh, ok. I was just a bit worried since he wasn't replying to my texts. Thank you."
"You're welcome."
"Oh, by the way. I have a question."
"What?"
"What games do you guys play?"

There was a short silence on the other side of the phone before Max continued speaking.

"As in video games?"
"Yeah."
"Why are you suddenly into videogames?"
"They looks fun and make Adrien happy, so I thought I should give gaming a shot."
"Woah, okay. That's... considerate of you."

His voice became slightly hesitant and a bit strange, but he quickly corrected himself as he continued speaking.

"Adrien has a twitch account, maybe you could see what games he plays from there?"
"A twitch account?"
"Streaming platform. He sometimes streams whatever we're playing to try to get some extra cash."
"Oh okay. It sounds fun."
"I could send you his username if you like."
"Thanks, that'd be great. Also, could you keep this a secret from him? I wanna surprise him."
"Sure."
"Thank you so much. I got to go now, please remember to send me the link."
"Yeah, bye."

And then the call ended.

A couple of minutes later, Bee received a text and immediately used her new PC to open twitch and then find her boyfriend on there. Sure enough, there was an account that matched the name, with 2,3K followers and a generous amount of past streams. The girl scrolled down, noticing games that she faintly remembers Adrien talking about. Yet a big trend on his account seemed to be a video game called 'Minecraft'. 

Bee clicked on one of the Minecraft streams, and after a while, somehow found herself enjoying the rather simple-looking block game. That's when she decided that it'd be the one that she'd begin with, then with time branch out to other videogames.

And after buying herself an account with the username bumble_bee_04 , Bee started her Minecraft journey.

Bee is so sweet like she cares so much about Adrien :(