Chapter 14 : A special person

The voice- it was so clear, so loud in her mind

The voice- it was so clear, so loud in her mind. It was like a small patch of grass in the middle of a thrashing tornado, relishing in peace surrounded by absolute chaos. 

Bee looked up, her vision tunneled by the tears in the edges of her eyes. And there stood he, in all his glory.

"Oh- ohh." Ranboo exclaimed slowly in realization. His eyes lingered on hers for a moment, taking in her discheveled state. Then, he turned around, and quietly spoke to someone stood behind him.

Bee didn't really care to listen. All she could think about was how his silouette flashed in a variety of neon lights. In her mind, he was the only thing in the world at that very moment, her eyes too blurry to acknowledge the surrounding fair.

It was him. Him and only him.

The time that passed seemed like forever and nothing, and Bee wasn't able to snap out of her mindless staring until she heard his voice, loud and clear, again.

"Mind if I sit down?"

His sentence brought her out of her trance, the surrounding, shitty reality coming back to her in an instant. The music, chatting, and laugher; the smell of hot dogs and popcorn; the fair- it all escaped the isolation of her mind and appeared, clear as ever.

Unbeknownst to her, Bee had managed a small "sure", and Ranboo was now sitting right beside her.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his gaze clearly locked on her, but Bee didn't return the eye contact.

"No." She responded, truthfully. Her mind was too hazy and unclear for her to pretend that she was fine.

"Wanna talk about it?" His voice seemed to have softened, even by just a little bit.

Bee blinked, the old, salty tears now blurring her entire vision.

"No."

It was clear that Ranboo was hesitant, but he continued speaking either way. "Okay. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"No." Bee deadpanned again.

It felt so unusual to have that word on her lips- no. Bee had always tried to be kind to everyone, a people pleaser as some would say. Denying requests was not something that she usually did. But her mental state was so beyond messed up at that moment, she couldn't even think of lying.

Bee took a deep breath, her body trembling slightly as she did so. She hadn't expected for a summer evening to be so cold, probably because she hadn't considered that she was right by the sea.

"I'm sorry, I think I'm gonna-" She began, suddenly standing up, but she hadn't remembered the purse laying in her lap, which immediately fell into the dirt below.

And as she watched her favourite purse fall to the ground in slow motion, she could simply stand there and stare at it, even as it remained laying on the floor. On the outside she was expressionless, but on the inside, she felt like a pile of wood was sprinkled with gasoline and burned to the ground.