Chapter 11 : Standing out in the crowd

"Ugh, I really don't feel like going to debate

"Ugh, I really don't feel like going to debate." Olivia groaned, hastily tucking away her things into her locker.

"Why do you go if you hate it so much?" Bee questioned, leaning against the locker next to hers.

"Because I need some sort of the extracurriculars to get into college, unfortunately." Olivia sighed. "I seriously hate the American educational system."

"I hate it more for the ridiculous tuitions, but oh well." Bee looked toward her best friend affectionately.

"Hey, Bee." The two turned toward the new voice, and Bee instantly beamed.

"Baby, what are you doing here? Don't you have basketball practice?" The girl exclaimed, quickly walking over to cling to his arm.

"No, the coach is sick, so I thought we could get lunch together." Adrien looked down at her with a smile.

"I guess I will be going to debate after all." Olivia let out a sigh as she eyed the two, her gaze growing hard when she stared in Adrien's direction. "See you later Bee."

"Byee~" The girl called out after her best friend before the two began walking over to the cafeteria.

Both Adrien and Bee grabbed their respective trays of barely edible American cafeteria food and sat down at a free table. As the two began eating side-by-side, Adrien started up a conversation.

"You seem to be quite busy lately." He began, then put a piece of grilled chicken into his mouth. "You haven't been texting me."

"I'm sorry baby, but things are getting a bit busy lately." Bee chuckled, resting a hand on her fist as she decided to ignore the questionable smell coming from her food. "We should probably go on a date soon, we haven't done that in a while."

"Sure, but let's not do anything fancy, I don't really have money." Adrien said dismissively. "How about we just hang out at my house? My parents are out this weekend."

Although Bee clearly recognized the tone he said that in, she decided to ignore it and simply played it off innocent. "Really? That would be fine, but don't you want to go do something outside? Go to the fair, maybe? I heard tickets are really cheap this year."

"Yeah, but the things inside the fair are not cheap themselves." Adrien remarked shortly, before going back to the previous topic. "I think we should definitely go to my house. Perhaps we could..."

Bee turned to look at Adrien with pretend confused eyes. "Could what?"

"Maybe we could finally... do it?"

Sure, Adrien had suggested sex before. Quite a lot of times actually, but never this blatantly. It didn't give Bee any ability to just avoid the topic.

Of course, maybe she'd like to have sex with Adrien some day. But the topic of virginity was very important to her, due to the generational trauma that followed her all the way from Korea. She wasn't willing to lose her virginity just yet, as the thought of it just made her way too nervous. And although she felt terrible for denying this to Adrien, she couldn't help but want to push the topic a little further.

"But baby, I really wanted to go to the fair. It's going to end next week, so the weekend is the last chance we have. Come on, pleasee~" Bee fluttered her eyelashes and pouted her lips cutely whilst gripping onto Adrien's arm.

He didn't seem very phased though, and a quite annoyed expression appeared on his face.

"Fine, let's go to the fair." He muttered, the hint of aggravation clear in his tone.

Bee swallowed hard in guilt as she let go of her boyfriend, him just eating his food silently. The quiet between them forced her to look around to find more things to look at, and during her little scouting session, she spotted a figure sitting at a nearby table.

He wasn't really difficult to notice, as he was taller than a majority of his friends and towered over them even when sitting down. He for once had his mask down, and was hysterically laughing at something one of his friends had said. Bee had never seen him so happy before, and it actually warmed her heart.

"Bee?" Adrien poked her slightly, snapping the girl out of her daze.

"Huh?"

"Are you done with your food?" He still seemed annoyed, and Bee broke out into a smile.

"Yeah, we can go if you want." She spoke in a gentle, appeasing tone.

"Yea, I need to stop by the library and my locker." Adrien declared, before getting up with his tray in hand, and Bee followed him just like a puppy.

" Adrien declared, before getting up with his tray in hand, and Bee followed him just like a puppy