Chapter 10 : Late night talks

Bee let out a small groan, feeling herself re-gaining consciousness

Bee let out a small groan, feeling herself re-gaining consciousness. She began moving around, the faint noise in her ear gradually clearing up as she did so. She eventually raised her head from her crossed arms, hissing at the bright screen for a second before that cleared up as well. Without much of a thought, she turned to discord and accepted whatever call was coming through.

"Hello!"

His happy, upbeat voice made the girl jump a bit, finally waking up fully as she looks around in confusion. She looked down at her clock, reading 10pm.

"Hello?" Ranboo asked again, and Bee immediately realized she's supposed to greet him.

"Helloooo." She said weakly, as a person does when they are just woken up.

"Well, I guess we're even now." Ranboo remarked humorously, and Bee let out a confused hum in response. "You woke me up, I woke you up."

"Oh... right." She agreed nonchalantly.

"How did you even fall asleep? Was my stream that boring?"

"Nah, I just..." She paused, taking a deep breath as she felt her eyes begin closing again. "I was studying and at like 9 I decided to rest my eyes for a couple of seconds and I fell asleep I guess."

She then paused for a small second, analyzing what exactly he had said. "Who said I was watching your stream?"

"I have a function to check who's watching my stream and I found out you were lurking."

"How?"

"Your twitch name is the same as your discord name."

"Oh." 

"So you're not a night owl then, are you?"

"I'm more of a morning bird." She admitted sleepily, falling into conversation and enjoying his strangely soothing voice. "I usually go to sleep at this time."

"We're like polar opposites then, I basically only live at night."

"Mhm..." She was at the verge of dozing off.

Ranboo clearly noticed that. "Then if you're tired you should just go sleep."

"No, no." She shook her head as if he could actually see it, and rose up. "I want to hear about the lore or whatever its called."

"Oh... sure." He replied quite surprised.

"But first just let me join on my phone and go up to my room." She exclaimed, and upon getting a small 'ok' in approval, she turned off her pc, zombie walked up 2 staircases, went into her room and crashed her bed. Soon after she took out her phone, and joined the call on there.

"Ok start. I'm listening." She told him as she covered herself with her bedsheets and cuddled herself into the many stuffed plushies on her bed.

"Ok so, it first started when lore Ranboo first joined the server..." He began talking.

And surprisingly enough, through the whole hour and a half of explaining, Bee remained awake and alert, to some extent at least. Although she was quiet throughout most of the story, she did chime in to ask questions, and she felt happy realizing just how excited Ranboo was getting about explaining all of this to her. It was like a kid talking about his favorite superhero, but for him his favorite superhero was... himself?

"I think that's about it for now. I shouldn't really spoil anything for you should I? I mean, you better be watching the lore after I've told you about my super hyper interesting character, right?"

There was a silence lingering in the call, and the boy seemed to hesitate slightly before speaking again.

"Bee? Are you there?"

It had been the first time that Ranboo had called her by her name, and that seemed to tighten the un-screwed screw in Bee's head because it started working again.

"Sorry, I forget that you can't read my mind." She yawned out lazily, her words slurred as her cheek was squished into her pillow.

However, Ranboo somehow understood what she had said. "Read your mind?"

"Yeah." Bee hummed. "I respond in my head and forget to actually say it out loud."

"Oh damn, I thought that was just a thing that happened with texting."

"Yea..." The girl agreed breathily.

"But seriously, you sound like you'll die. I'll leave you alone for the night." Ranboo chuckled, and heard a small "mhm" from the other side of the line. "Okay, good-"

"Wait, when can we play some-" *yawn* "-minecraft?" Bee asked suddenly, and Ranboo paused. 

"Uhm... how about... tomorrow? Though I can only play 7 onwards, if that's fine?"

"That's fine. Thank you."

"What are you thanking me for?" Ranboo asked humorously, but he once again received no response.

And upon calling out 'hello' a couple of times and throwing in a quiet 'did you fall asleep?', it was clear that Bee had indeed passed out.

Ranboo sighed. "Goodnight, I guess."

And then he hung up the call.