Chapter 1 - Adoption day

Tommy pov

I woke up like every other morning in the orphanage. Me and my friend Ranboo. We shared a bunk bed together. Ranboo came into the orphanage after I did. We both have to go to a public school since the orphanage put us in one. I have a friend in that school! His name is Tubbo, he is so funny! We are practically best friends at this point!

But today was a different morning, someone was coming to adopt someone! So, me and Ranboo had to get ready since the person will interview us. The orphanage told us a little about this person who is coming. They told us that they are a single dad, has two other kids, and has been taking care of them very well. They told us a little about the kids. They seem nice and one of them is like a pig hybrid so that's pretty cool! Hopefully they could take Ranboo, he is half enderman. When if they took both of us!

"Tommy hurry up! We have to get breakfast soon!" Ranboo called. "Coming!" I replied. I stood up and we walked to the cafeteria. We walked over to the lines of kids. "Wouldn't it be cool if we got adopted together?" I randomly said. "You- you want to be my brother?! Really?" Ranboo scrambled. I took my phone out my pocket as we walked forward a little. "Mhmm, I mean we get along with a bunk bed, so I would think." I responded. We continued to get our breakfast. The cafeteria food wasn't the best but it's still ok. One of the workers here at the orphanage, Ms. Rainbow walked over to me and Ranboo. Her name isn't really Rainbow but she has a lot of colorful clothing so I call her that. "Hey Tommy and Ranboo so you guys' meeting with Mr. Phil is going to have to be together because of all the kids going today. Hope you guys are fine with that, we have to put a lot of kids together, so don't think it's just you guys." She explained. I nodded. "Yeah that should be good." Ranboo said. Ms. Rainbow walked over to another table of kids and talked to them, leaving the both of us alone.

"Want to walk around while we wait to get interviewed?" Ranboo asked once we finished our food. "Yeah sure let's go." I smiled. We got up and put our trays away. I followed Ranboo outside to the backyard garden. We hang there almost everyday. Mostly because people never go back here but also because it's quiet. We both sat down at the small bench. I turned on the able sisters and smiled. "You play that song everyday." Ranboo laughed. I laughed, "Of course it's a great song!" We both laughed. We sat in silence besides my music playing from my phone.

Soon, Ms. Rainbow walked over to us. "They are going to want to see you in a bit so come on so you guys won't be late." She told us. Ranboo nodded and smiled. We both got up and followed Ms. Rainbow to the meeting rooms. We waiting outside the rooms until the other kid in the room walked out and Ms. Rainbow singal for us to go inside. "Alright Mr. Philza, this is Tommy and Ranboo." She said pointing to each of us when she said our names. "Thank you Ms. Goldberg." Mr. Philza said.

She walked out the room leaving me, Ranboo, Mr. Philza, and his kids alone. One kid wore a yellow sweater and a red beanie. The other one, who I'm guessing is the pig hybrid because of the pig ears, who has a crown and a cape. Very formal wearing for meeting random kids.The boy in the sweater was sitting next to his father and the pig hybrid was leaning against a wall "Well I'm Philza but you can call me Phil for short. These are my kids. Introduce yourselves boys." Phil smiled. "Hi! I'm Wilbur or Wil for short! Either or is fine by me! I'm 15 and also the oldest child." The sweater boy, Wilbur, said. The pig hybrid stood up straight and fixed his crown on his head. "I'm Techno and Im 13. And I'm a pig hybrid. That's all you need to know, for now." The pig hybrid said. "Well uh, I'm Ranboo and uh- I'm 10 also I'm half enderman." Ranboo scrambled with his words. He does that a lot when he is nervous about something. Plus this is only the second time he got interviewed. This is like my 7th time getting interviewed for adoption. Not a lot of people like me since I could be loud or 'annoying'. I have been fostered a few times but they would bring me back after a few days.

I felt a little nudge on my shoulder. I looked over to see Ranboo signaling that I haven't introduced myself. "Oh sorry. My name's Tommy. Im 9 years old. That's mostly it about me." I muttered. I left out how people would say I'm loud and stuff. "That's fine. I'm glad to meet you both!" Phil said. "It was very nice to meet you too, sir." Ranboo said. We both left the room. "I think that went well." Ranboo smiled, as he put his arm on my head. Ranboo is a bit taller than me so sometimes he uses my head as his arm rest. Which I don't really mind, I got used to it. "Do you think we have any chance of getting adopted?" He asked. "For you? Yeah definitely. But me? Probably not. You remember all the times people would try to adopt me but then realize how I really am?" I said. We made it back to our room and I climbed onto my bunk, the top one. "Tommy, don't doubt yourself! You are a great person." He said. "Hey, if i was an adult and I could adopt you I definitely would! You have been an amazing friend to me and Tubbo would probably say the same thing." He continued. Wait Tubbo? Oh shit! I said we would meet in the garden in like 5 minutes. "Ranboo we got to go meet Tubbo hurry up!" I said. I jumped down from the bunk and put on my shoes. I grabbed Ranboo's hand and pulled him to the garden area. "Tubbo!" I yelled. He crawled out the bush, as usual. He likes sitting in random places while he waits for us. "What took you so long?" He asked. "Interviews again." I said. "If you ever get adopted you better still go to the same school or else." He said and playfully pushed me a little. "I will try." I laughed.

We spent about a half an hour together but then Tubbo's dad texted him to come home, so he had to go. It was only a few minutes after that Ms. Rainbow, Phil, and his kids walked over to us. "Tommy Ranboo we have some news for you!" Ms. Rainbow said. Ranboo's eyes lit up. We both know what this could mean. "Phil wants to adopt you guys! He will come tomorrow to pick you guys up so you can pack your things." We were told. "Thanks!" Ranboo smiled. Everyone left again leaving us alone. I quickly took out my phone to text tubbo.

Text messages:

Tommy: tubbo tubbo!!

Tubbo: ? whats up big man

Tommy: me and ranboo got adopted

Tubbo: wait really? thats so cool! Is the person who adopted you nice?

Tommy: yeah he seems nice he has two other kids too

Tubbo: oo that should be fun!

Tubbo: better stay at the school tho or you know what will happen

Tommy: yeah yeah

Tommy: got to go pack

I put my phone back into my pocket and got my bag to pack my things in. I mostly just packed clothes and things I have. Ranboo was also packing clothes for himself. "Are you excited to get adopted? Maybe they won't bring us back." Ranboo gave a small smile. He knew how doubtful I was when it came to getting adopted. "I guess I'm excited. Hopefully they like me." I mumbled. Ranboo walked over to me and patted my head. "Don't worry about anything til it happens." He told me. "You are too nice to me." I muttered. It was true he was always nice to me from the start. "I guess I have been. I mean I just understand you, I suppose. Welp! We should get to bed. Big day tomorrow." He walked to his bunk and bent down to lay down in it. I climbed up my ladder to my bunk and sat up on my bed. "Good night Tommy! Sleep well." I heard Ranboo said. "You too." 

A/N: welcome to my newest fanfic! I really hope you will enjoy it :] 

i work very hard on these so maybe consider a little vote or follow anything is appreciated!