Chapter 20 - Swords

Wilbur pov:

It’s Sunday morning and Techno woke me up early. “Get ready.” He told me. “For?” I groaned. “Training.” Techno smiled. I rolled out my bed. “What should I even wear?” I asked him. “Uh, something you don’t mind getting sweaty and dirty in.” He said. I looked in my closet and got an old shirt out. I grabbed some pants I barely wore too. “I’ll go get Tommy and Ranboo.” Techno walked out my room.

We all stood outside in the backyard. “Ok, let's start out with some jumping jacks.” Techno said. We all began doing around 20 jumping jacks. Techno grabbed some wooden swords. “Alright, I don’t trust any of you with a real sword so we will use wood ones.” Techno handed us the swords. “Place your feet like mine.” Techno said, pointing to the way he had his feet placed. I carefully copied his moves. “Hold your hold like this.” He smiled. I held my sword like him. “This is easy!” Tommy exclaimed. “Sure.” Techno replied. Techno walked over to the shed to grab something, leaving me, Ranboo, and Tommy alone. “How did he drag you two into this?” I asked them. “He just asked if we wanted to try it out.” Ranboo shrugged. Techno walked back with two dummies. “I don’t have enough for all of us, so we will have to share.” He said placing them down. “Ok, so basically. Just hold your sword like I taught you. Then you swing at it like this.” Techno said. I went up to one of the dummies and tried to stand like Techno said. “Hold your sword higher Tommy.” Techno said. “I’m trying!” Tommy rolled his eyes. I swang at the dummy. Techno let out a giggle. He walked over to me and grabbed my arm. “Swing from this angle.” He said. Techno was really concentrated on teaching us these things. It seems like he’s having fun. I carefully swang at the dummy again. Techno clapped with a smile on his face. 

After a few more swings I was tired so I swapped places with Ranboo. I sat on the ground and grabbed one of the bottles of water Techno brought outside. I watched as Techno helped the two. For someone who never wants to hang out with anyone, he is a good teacher. I looked over to see Phil walking towards us. “Hey!” I said. “What are you guys doing?” Phil asked. “Techno made us practice with him.” I smiled. “How did he rope you into that? You hate fighting.” Phil questioned me. “I do, but he kept bothering me about it.” I responded.  Phil laughed. “They’re doing pretty good.” Phil pointed to Tommy and Ranboo. I nodded in agreement. Techno looked over at us and waved. “Look Phil, I’m killing it!” Tommy called out. “Good job!” Phil called back to him. “I’ll go start breakfast. I’ll call you guys when it’s done.” Phil said, walking back to the house. “Alright, break time.” Techno said, sitting down, grabbing his water. Tommy had a huge smile on his face. “This is so much fun!” He said. “Glad you like it. If you keep practicing, maybe I could try to get you a real sword.” Techno said. Tommy's eyes lit up. "Really?" He asked. "Yeah, you look like you want to so." Techno said. 

"Boys breakfast!" Phil called out through the window. We put away the wooden swords and dummies. "Race ya!" Ranboo called, running to the house. We all began to run after him. Somehow Techno won the race? I don't know. We ran into the house, taking off our muddy boots. "Had fun?" Phil questioned, placing breakfast on the table. "Yeah!" Tommy jumped up. Ranboo nodded. "What about you Wil?" Phil looked at me. "Uh, sure. But I'll stick to my guitar." I responded. 

Phil pov: 

I grabbed my coffee cup and put it at the table as the kids told me what they did outside. Never would have thought Techno would willingly teach them how to use a sword. I glanced at the picture of Kristin on the wall, quickly smiling at it as I turned back to the boys. We began eating our breakfast. Do you see your kids, Kristin? They are trying new things. Just like you told them. I thought to myself. "Techno since you roped me into using the sword. I want you to try to play my guitar!" Wilbur said. "Um." Techno sighed. "My room. After breakfast. Alright?" Wilbur looked at Techno. All he did was shrug. "I suppose." Techno said, grabbing his glass of orange juice. 

A/N: So, I wrote Phil's pov on my phone. Also it's 3am and I  can't sleep so I decided to write some.

We had a essay about ourselves in English class I should get an A because I'm the best writer.

Word count: 814