Prologue

Love. It hurts.

Also death. That hurts too. But if you're dying because of love, it hurts a little less, I want to believe.

It was tremendously windy out. There wasn't one second where my hair wasn't constantly on my face. It was hard to hear anything through the loud noises of the helicopter. What did I do to get here? I'm not really sure, but a couple of months ago, I wouldn't have minded this. Now that Spencer had just confessed his undeniable love for me though, I wasn't so sure if I could do this. I had to, I knew that. I didn't have a choice, but the pain it would cause Spence.. He deserved the world. If anything, he was too good for me. He'll move on right? He had too. And then he could find someone else. Someone who'll make him happier than I ever did. This was for the best, I tried to convince myself. Then, taking a few deep breaths, I leaped off the helicopter. The moon illuminating everything around me. I closed my eyes and thought about happy things. Spencer. No Peyton! He's the one person you shouldn't be thinking about right now. It's over. You never could have had a future with him anyways.

Spencers POV:
I ran as fast as I could. She couldn't have betrayed me, she wouldn't do that. No, this wasn't like her. The rest of the team quickly plowed into the SUVs. Hotch was constantly trying to contact Emily but she wouldn't pick up. Why would she. Her best friend had just confessed to her that she was spying on us all along. Helping her wasn't an idea Emily was fond of at the moment. I was on the phone with Garcia, who was currently trying her best to track down the helicopter Peyton might be on. I rubbed my temples. It didn't make sense. We were happy. She was happy, right? So why was she leaving me? She couldn't. Not now, not after everything we've been through.

"Spence, it's alright. We'll find her." JJ's voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, we'll find her, but then what JJ? It's not like she's going to come back to the BAU and we'll all just go back to how everything was before. No, she'll go to jail. They'll take her away from me." Saying it out loud made me think. Did I really want to find her? Either way, she'll end up leaving me anyways.

JJ sighed, she didn't have an answer for me. No one ever did. Garcia's voice boomed through my phone, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ok guys, a military helicopter was reported missing about an hour ago. I spoke to an employee there and she said an Agent Reid borrowed it. Said she had confirmation from above." She'd called herself Agent Reid. If only she'd given me more time, she could've been Agent Reid for real.

"An hour ago? She already has a head start, she could be anywhere by now." Morgan shook his head. Peyton was like a sister to him, and it dawned on me how hard Morgan must have been taking this.

The car ride seemed to last forever, but finally we were here. The car hadn't even come to a complete stop before I sprinted out. Surely, out in the dark, gloomy sky, a military helicopter hovered.

"Give me the megaphone." I demanded. Hotch gave me a worried look, he was scared that my relationship with her was going to affect me in the field, and right now it absolutely was. It needed to. I needed to save her. And Hotch knew that. Through the megaphone, I tried to sound strong, but every now and then my voice faltered. How could she do this to me?

"Peyton, please don't do this. Bring the plane back. We can work things out!" I yelled, but I don't think she could hear me. It was windy, and the plane was too high up. Looking up, I caught the sight of her wavy blonde hair. She was standing on the edge. My eyes widened as I realized, the plane was never coming down. Just her.

My heart started racing. No, no, no. This couldn't be happening. She's not supposed to do this. Her leaving me to go to someplace far away was better than this. So I did it. I screamed it so loud, wanting nothing else but for her to hear me.

"I love you! I love you so much. Please don't do this. Please I'm begging you, I need you." I cried. But she didn't move. The whole world heard me, but I just couldn't reach her.

Everything after that happened in slow mo. The moonlight shone on her. She looked like an angel. Her hands out before her and her hair flowed out around her. And then that ethereal moment turned into a nightmare. Her body hit the flat cement and everyone rushed to her. I couldn't move. I felt dizzy. One last time, I looked up to see the helicopter flying away. Whoever was in there ruined my whole life with her. They ruined everything. One thought lingered in my mind as I slumped to the ground. My eyes fluttered close. I needed to find them. They took everything from me, and now I was going to take everything from them.

JJ called out for me. "Spence oh my god! Guys, we need to take him to the hospital, he won't wake up!" I could hear her faintly, but my mind was elsewhere. If my angel didn't make it out, they weren't going to make it out either.

AND THAT'S THE BEGINNING! BUCKLE UR SEATBELTS BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO BE A RIDEEEE. ALSO THIS IS MY FIRST FIC, SO I APOLOGIZE IF ITS BAD OR CRINGY.