Chapter 4

Peyton's POV:

It's been a week since the incident. The incident I refuse to give a name. But if you must know, it was called Spencer. That night back at the club had felt magical. And although I let my clouded judgement take the blame for that, I think a part of me really was happy that it happened.

I'd woken up in his bed that day, his hand was draped over my stomach and we weren't cuddling but I'd never even been in such close proximity to someone else other than Cara.

It was awkward and I was nervous that he regretted it, so I called the tow truck company to bring my car back which by the way, had been my idea after we quite literally made out in the front seat of his car.

I don't know what I was thinking. Spencer did laugh over my idea and so even though I was just joking at first, I called the company to tow my own car away. Spencer would take me home anyway, right? That was until one thing led to another, and soon we were doing more than just making out.

That leads us to the following morning. I wasn't about to wake him up and make small talk but just to my luck, the tow company said it would take a while. Then I felt bad for just leaving without even a note so I made breakfast for him. I was never the best cook though, so that turned into a mess. Keep in mind, at that point I was going to rip the hair off my head. I was so freaking nervous. Why was the tow company taking so freaking long?

But if there was something- someone that could help take my mind off this extremely unusual and unfamiliar situation, it was her.

Ariana Grande.

So I put on some music, making sure to keep it low in case Spencer woke up. Let's hope to god he doesn't though. I'm not sure when exactly the volume turned loud enough but sure enough, there he was.

He had walked in on me jumping on his couch to positions by Ariana Grande. Not to mention, Spencer doesn't look like a person who would listen to Ariana Grande. Also my clothes from last night were still on the floor, I was still in his shirt. Just his shirt.

Anyways, that morning was just pure embarrassment. To top it off, I kissed him and he just stood there, he didn't even kiss me back. Like I said, a cherry on top sprinkled with disappointment.

I almost considered taking the day off except, it was only my second day on the job and I didn't exactly want to lose it just yet.

But the past week hasn't been so bad. I definitely like him. Ewww, feelings. He's been flirty too, more awkward but still flirty. And I flirt back occasionally, I wasn't quite sure I wanted to keep this going.

Yet, here I was. Going on a date with the beautiful, insanely smart, pipe cleaner looking man, Spencer Reid.

It had taken him a whole day to ask me out and when he did, I already knew because Ms Penelope could not keep a secret if her life was at stake.

I said yes. Obviously.

I finished the last curl in my hair and unplugged the curler. It was a casual date, we were going to the aquarium. I absolutely loved the aquarium. Yeah, Spencer may know all of the universe's secrets but I knew cool facts too. Especially about animals. People never understood my fascination with them, why I felt so attached to them.