Epilogue

No POV:

Just a ghost now, Spencer thought. That's what he was. 

Spencer thought it was weird being on the other side. It was a brand new feeling but he can't say he has a distaste for it.

The only reason being her.

They were finally together now.

And so, here they stood. Among thousands of other people, half of them unrecognizable to Spencer and it was his funeral.

"Penny wore those same shoes at my funeral too." Peyton commented, tangling her hand in his as they stood at the very back seeing Spencer's burial.

Spencer couldn't even hold back the laugh that escaped him. Here his body was, ready to go six feet under and Peyton was commenting on Penelope's shoes.

"God, how did you do it?" Spencer asks, watching as sobs wracked through the bodies of people he loved. Loves.

Peyton raises an eyebrow, "It's nothing to be sad about. That's just how life is." She just shrugs. Yes, she wanted him to be with her, she just never imagined it would be this early. Not that she was complaining.

It was now six years since they caught Peyton's murderer. Of course, by now everyone had healed.

Well mostly, at least.

She saw how JJ, Peneope and Derek went to therapy together. How Rossi finally stopped drinking as a distraction. How Hotch finally started smiling again.

And how Emily finally forgave herself for not picking up Peyton's phone call that day.

And Peyton was so proud of everyone.

For Spencer, it was just another day in the field, he had been trying to talk down an unsub but things had not gone as planned.

The unsub shot Spencer and unfortunately he didn't make it.

Even in that intense moment where he was on the brink of life and JJ was holding his hand securely the entire way to the hospital, Spencer wasn't scared.

He knew the love of his life would be on the other side, patiently waiting for him.

And she was, with tears in her eyes and her arms out wide for a hug. A hug filled with six years of love and adoration for him.

So, he wasn't scared and he wasn't sad. She was right, this was life and it was meant to be this way.

They were meant to end up together in the end.

"Emily is going to miss you. I mean, everyone will but I think your guys' friendship was really special." Peyton says, watching Emily put a white rose on top of Spencer's coffin.

"I'm going to miss her too."

At his response, Peyton's hand only tightened around his and she rested her head on his shoulder.

"I'm really glad you're here, you know that?" She smiled up at him. "Think of this place as magic. You like magic, right?"

"I do like magic." He really did. He felt that every aspect of their relationship was magical. Six years and they were finally together, that was magical.

And deep down he knew, if Spencer wrote Romeo and Juliet, this is how he would make it end.

La fine.
———————————

A/N: and roll the credits! This is my first fic and I'm not the best writer but I am so grateful for every single one of you thats reading this right now. Thank you so much for giving my book a chance. I love you all mwah!