Chapter 2

Peyton's POV:

It was my first day at Quantico. They were more transparent than I initially thought. Cara was exaggerating this too much. This was probably going to be really easy.

My plan was to get someone to trust me, get the information, contact Rio through the burner phone he gave me along with super specific instructions to only use it when I'm sure I have all of the information, rent a military helicopter using my FBI badge, fly the helicopter out of the country, and not come back until I was sure that no one was looking for me. A thrill.

The first person I met when I walked through those elevator doors was Penelope Garcia. Let me just tell you, the second I told her I was new, she gave me a big hug, literally squeezing me to death. She was happy, energetic, and bubbly. The kind of girl everyone loved at school.

Then I met Aaron Hotchner. He was serious, and didn't really smile a lot but I guess that was expected of him after everything he's been through. He brought me to the round table, where I'm guessing they would present cases. Immediately, I made eye contact with Emily Prentiss. She was just like me, and if I wasn't here on a mission, we probably would have been best friends. I shook hands with Derek Morgan, and Dave Rossi. Derek seemed like the fun one around here, the one that didn't take everything so seriously. Rossi was Italian.  Yeah, that's all. Rule number one: don't ever mess with Italians, it only causes your chances of being strangled with spaghetti higher. I shook hands with Jennifer Jareau too.

"Jennifer Jareau. Everyone calls me JJ though." Intense mean girl vibes. She'd probably annoy me the most.

Then my eyes landed on Dr. Spencer Reid. I researched him and what I found was incredible. The dude had an iq of 187. He was the brains of this group. He was so hot too. Wait no, Peyton. That's not what you're here for. Don't get sidetracked. I gave him my most intimidating glare, and he looked down. My lips tugged upwards just a little bit.

During the plane ride, Spencer kept spitting out random facts. It was... annoying, to say the least. I didn't like how he made me feel. Dumb. However, Emily and I bonded. She was nice, she made me feel welcome. My little emo girl, I liked to call her.

After the case, Penelope insisted that we had me a little welcome party. It wasn't necessary, and I knew I had to go home so I could report my first day back at the Headquarters but Emily really wanted me to go. And I guess I kinda warmed up to her, so I went. JJ came in and asked for Spencer. It's something I noticed that happened frequently. It didn't show up in my research though. JJ had a kid and she was married to some William Lamontagne, so I didn't understand why she was so obsessed with him.

"Feeling jealous?" Emily whispered.

I cleared my throat. "What no. Why-why would I be... jealous?"

Emily laughed at my nervousness. "You've been giving JJ the death stare every time she mentions Spencer, and I saw the way you looked at him this morning at the round table."

Nooo Peytonnnn. Bad. Bad. Bad. Really, really bad. "Well, I mean-"

"I don't blame you. Pretty boy's everyone's type. In fact, you're his type too."

I was going to say something until I noticed the glint in her eyes. That's what happens every time she has an idea, and considering the topic we were on, it didn't seem like the idea would be in my favour.

•••

I was right. It wasn't in my favour.

Emily had decided to invite Spencer to the club, where my welcome party was currently being held. I'd been stealing glances at him all night. It was pretty late and Hotch and Rossi went home. Penelope, Morgan, and Emily were somewhere, probably drunk dancing in a corner. The stupid 22 year old part of me was telling me to get drunk and make a move. He was hot and plus, I needed someone to trust me right? The other logical part of me did not approve of this. But of course, my drunk self won. So, I strutted over to Spencer.

"I didn't think you'd come tonight." I said, trying my best not to sound as drunk as I felt.

He gulped, and it gave me confidence. "Well, why not?"

"You don't seem like the party type."

He shook his head to the side, pulling his lips into a line and sipped his non-alcoholic drink. "Yeah, well you're right about that."

I got lost in his eyes. Slow down by Chase Atlantic was blasting in the club and my head felt heavy from the multiple shots I had earlier. "I don't like you." I confessed suddenly, even shocking myself. What was I thinking? Oh right, I wasn't.

He stared right back, never breaking eye contact. "I don't like you either."

This time, it was me who gulped. "Stay away from me Reid." I walked over to where everyone was dancing. I could sense his eyes following me and I smirked. It felt good to know I wasn't the only one completely awestruck. But I was stubborn so I looked over to the guy on my right. He was whipped, probably a perv and never had a real relationship in his life. One night stand vibes. I winked at him and curled my finger as if to say come here. I glanced over to Spencer, whose eyes never left me.

The random boy came over and I started dancing, making sure I kept my eyes on Spencer, but most importantly, making sure his eyes never left mine. My feet hurt and I felt like I was going to throw up but I kept dancing. Jealous? Couldn't be me. If anything, pretty boy looked pretty jealous right now.

The random dude I was dancing with whispered something in my ear. "Wanna get out of here?"

I turned around to face him. I didn't even know his name, I realized. What was I thinking? My head was spinning and my knees buckled every once in a while.

"Um, no thank-" I felt a pair of hands pull on my waist from behind.

"No, she'd rather not." I'd recognize that voice from anywhere. It was Spencer.

"Sorry dude, she's all mine for the night." The boy I was dancing with began but Spencer cut him off, pulling out his badge from his pocket.

"Leave. Now."  It was the sternest I've ever heard him before. I guess I'd figured he was more soft and quiet, but it sure didn't seem that way now.
Spencer pulled me away from the boy and dragged me outside.

I struggled against his tight grip. "Let me go." I winced when he only pulled harder. Quickly unlocking his car, Spencer pushed me into the passenger seat, wasting no time getting himself in the driver's seat. I'd gotten pretty sobered up by now and the look of his face when he turned to me told me this wasn't going to be good.