Chapter 12

Spencer's POV:

And back in a club, I was. We profiled him based on what we knew already. He'd love to hang out with rich people with short tempers. How did we know? Because he was rich and short tempered.

Part of me hated clubs. That one dude touched Peyton in a club, but I mean, if it weren't for him making me jealous, I would've never kissed her. And that was the one thing I loved about clubs. They caused unexpected confessions of love, or the beginning of a magical love story.

Unfortunately, clubs also represented hundreds of potential victims of hundreds of thousands of potential serial killers.

And granted I wasn't catching a serial killer, Giovanni was certainly a murderer. This wasn't a case, this was personal, distinctive. This one hit home.

In the blue flashing lights, I managed to get ahold of Emily dancing with some guy with a dark blue, velvet suit. She touched her dangling earring twice. A sign telling me she was onto something.

I shook off my nerves, practicing my alias silently in my head. I don't know why I was so nervous. I guess if we did get to him tonight, I wouldn't know how to react.

I'm scared shooting his head off would be my instinctive reaction, and Emily continuously assured me that was the worst possible outcome.

"You can't shoot him, Reid. That's not what this is about."

"Emily, I can't. I can't continue to do this. The second I see his face, I won't be able to control myself."

"Don't lose sight of the big picture. We're doing this to get Peyton justice. You know, she wouldn't want you to kill him."

Right. Just continue to rewind the conversation in your head, Spencer. You cannot kill him.

Taking a deep breath, I walked up to Emily and the unknown man. Not unknown subject, this is not who you're after. I had to remind myself over and over again. Giovanni was my main target.

A couple years ago, I would never have thought like this. My thoughts made me feel like a madman. But, I guess losing her really did turn me into one. It's crazy what trauma can do to a person. As much as I hated it, I could never hate her. She was my angel. She is an angel. She still looks over me. It doesn't matter if she's just in my head, at least she's here.

"Margot! There you are. I was worried sick looking for you." I referred to Emily using her alias. This club was sketchy, it had ties to the Cartel, I was sure of it. We didn't want to risk any of the businessmen here knowing our real identities. The whole operation would shut down if they found out that we were FBI Agents. Not to mention, we probably wouldn't make it out without a couple shots to our bodies.

"Mr. Lombardo. I apologize. I'm allowed to have a little fun aren't I?" She shot the man a suggestive smile, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the two of them. Emily was overdoing this and I hated how his hands wandered around her. All these rich men were scumbags.

Holding my hand out I introduced myself, hoping to get a name back. "Sorry about my intern. She's a bit adventurous." I shot her a side glance. "The name's Joseph. Joseph Lombardo. I'm a stock investor. The biggest in a couple years, I'm sure of it." I grinned.

Most men here were big narcissists. The only way to fit in with them was if you had money. Something I fortunately happened to have.

"Don't worry. Margot, here, hasn't bored me in the slightest. Sharp, little mouth she has there, though." He chuckled. If only you knew what Emily was capable of, you wouldn't be saying that.