Chapter 3

Peyton's POV:

"Why'd you do that? I was having fun in there!" I said, my voice raising up a notch. It was hard to be mad at him. Why did he make me feel like this? Like he could make me turn into putty just by looking at me.

"What was that inside?" He said, his voice made me feel butterflies in my stomach. Oh Peyton, come on! You had one job.

Matching his snarkiness, I answered, "Dancing? It's kind of what people do at clubs."

He rolled his eyes at me. "No Peyton, that was you trying to prove a point."

I huffed and crossed my arms around my chest. "Jeez, Spencer, are you always this difficult?"

"Why would you do that Peyton?" His voice had quietened, back to being timid Spencer. I looked over and my eyes met his. They were a beautiful rich shade of brown. I was sober now so I couldn't even blame what I did next on the drinks.

I leaned over, resting my forehead against his. I inhaled, "I want you to like me, I want you to like me so bad." My voice came out in hushed whispers.

That's all it took for Spencer to connect his lips with mine. The only sounds around us was the rain trickling outside and us. It was magical. I didn't want to think anymore. This felt nice, safe.

Something I hadn't felt in a long time. And so that's how my night ended. Never in a million years would I have thought I would end up here. Kissing the man I was going to rob everything of. Because that's how it was going to end up like. That was the sad truth, and I couldn't change it. So, I decided to enjoy this moment the best I could.

Maybe, I should've stopped. 

Spencer's POV:
SONG CHOICE- POSITIONS BY ARIANA GRANDE

My eyes fluttered open. Ariana Grande was blasting from the living room.

Suddenly, I stood up. I don't listen to Ariana Grande.

Cautiously, I walked out to my kitchen, and that's when I saw her. In my shirt too. She was jumping on the couch, her blonde hair flying everywhere.

I cleared my throat. "What are you..." My eyes trailed over to the mess on the counter. Pancakes were sitting there, half burned, along with sugar and flour spilling out of its bag, "doing?"

She bit her lip. "Oh, yeah. I figured you'd want something to eat when you woke up. Think of it as a thank you for not leaving me on the streets yesterday." She joked.

"You're not the best cook, are you?" I sighed, running my hands through my hair. I thought she wouldn't be here, not after what happened last night. She was drunk, and I was in the wrong. I never should've let it go that far.

"Um, not really. I'm sorry. You probably want me to leave." Getting off the couch and gathering her clothes, Peyton started to walk towards the door.

My eyes shot up, "What-no. No, I never said that. Why would you think I want that?' Seriously?! You just had to ramble in front of her, didn't you? I internally fought with myself.  

She giggled, and oh my god, it was the most beautiful laugh I'd ever heard.

"No, you didn't say that. But I mean I should probably get going." She scrunched her nose. "I should probably get cleaned up too, before heading to the office."

"Oh, right. Probably." I looked down, I didn't want her to leave. Granted, blasting Ariana Grande in the morning isn't something I usually do, but I could warm up to it.

"Okay, well um, bye." She smiled, before walking out and closing the door.

I let out a breath. Looking around my kitchen. It really was a mess. I laughed, it was kind of cute.  My foot kicked something, causing me to look down. Her phone.  She needs that. I can't even call her. What was I supposed to do? In a rushed decision, I took the phone and ran outside.

I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for the elevator to open. Ugh, why was it taking so long. I caught sight of the stairway. Nope, you can't do it. Have you seen yourself? You're literally a pipe cleaner with eyes. There's no way you can run down five flights of stairs in time.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the thoughts. I ran the fastest I had in my entire life, hoping to get to her in time.

Now in the lobby, I saw her checking her bag. Probably looking for her phone, you idiot. Go give it to her. Gulping I started towards her. Why did she always make me so goddamn nervous?

You-uh, you forgot this." Holding my hand out so she could see her phone. I, on the other hand, was gasping for oxygen.

She sighed in relief. "Oh my god, thank you so much. I thought I lost it at the club or something." Her hand reached out to take the phone, quickly dropping it in her bag before walking towards the door. 

"Wait!" I was confused. Were we going to pretend last night didn't happen?

"Yeah?" She asked, sweetly.

Maybe she wants to forget, and you're just bringing it up for no reason. I sighed. "Nothing, I'll see you at work."

She moved her blonde hair out of the way, and she kissed me. Wait she kissed me. Kiss her back, stupid. I just stared at her.

"See you." She waved, giving me the sweetest smile and getting into her car that was towed to my apartment last night, just because she said it would be funny. I never even said anything back, just stared at her with wide eyes and my jaw dropped to the floor. SSA Peyton Rivera was absolutely crazy.

And that was how it began. I didn't want to like her, she didn't want to like me either, but things don't always work out like we want them to. I was falling for her. She was too, I was sure. I looked like an idiot, standing there in the middle of the lobby, even after she was long gone. That girl was going to be the death of me. I would do anything for her, I realized.

Anything.