(1) Elementary Days

13 years ago: 

"Okay class we are going to lunch now. Line up." Mrs Brunson said to her first grade class. 

All of her students got in line. "Hey I wanted to be next to Steve Maggie move." Bucky said as he pushed his way and cut in front of her. 

"James we have talked about your rudeness. You just say excuse me and we don't cut the line." Mrs Brunson said 

Bucky crossed his arms in a huff as she moved him to the back line. They all headed to the lunch room. When they all sat down at the table assigned to their class. Bucky sat across from Maggie.

"You got me in trouble Maggie." He said 

"It's not nice to push or cut the line." She said 

He stuck his tongue out at her and made a face. A few minutes later Maggie started to feel itchy and especially in her throat. She started choking and gasping for air when the teacher started to run over. 

"Oh Maggie you are being such a baby." Bucky said 

They had EMTs rush in when they noticed on her file there was no known allergies listed. Luckily the elementary school wasn't far from the hospital in Brooklyn. Her dad was already there cause he's a doctor and her mother Ingrid met him there. 

The ER doctor came in once they gave Maggie so antihistamines and cream for the rash. 

"Is she okay?" Ingrid said 

"Yes Mrs Connors. She's going to be fine it was an allergic reaction to something she ate." Dr Rupert said 

"Strawberries?" Maggie said as she woke up. 

Everyone looked at her. "I started to feel funny after I ate the strawberries." Maggie said 

"Then that means you are allergic to strawberries. So I would suggest following up with her pediatrician and getting her some epipens." Dr Rupert said as he signed her discharge papers. 

Two days later Maggie returned to school. 

"Oh look it's Maggie." Bucky said 

Maggie opened up the front pocket of her Barbie back pack and pulled tiny tubes of Lip Smackers lip gloss. She walked over to Natasha and Wanda. 

"Here you two go. I can't have these anymore cause I'm allergic to strawberries. And these are strawberry flavored." Maggie said as she gave them two each. 

"Thank you Maggie." Nat said as they all three hugged. 

Bucky had watched the whole interaction as he and Steve were talking about the school's football game they had the night before. 

Two weeks later, Maggie was trying to tackle the new monkey bars at recess. But got scared in the middle and just hung there trying to get her courage back. 

"Move Maggie." Bucky said behind her. 

"Shut up." She said 

"I'm trying to get through Maggie. Go!" He said 

"Stop.." she said 

"Maggie! Go!!" Bucky yelled

Maggie began to cry. "Such a baby.." Bucky said as he dropped down and started to swing her. 

"Bucky! Stop!" Maggie screamed 

Eventually she got so upset and scared she let go of the bar. When she dropped to the ground she fell on her arm funny. She began to scream in pain holding her arm. 

"Mr Barnes go to the time out wall." Mrs Brunson said 

"But she wouldn't move." Bucky said 

"James now! Come on Maggie let's get you to the nurse." Mrs Brunson said as she and another teacher helped her. 

"You are such a drama Queen Maggie." Bucky said as he stomped off. 

The next day Maggie came into school with a cast on. 

"You made me break my arm!" She said 

"Well atleast you won't be on the monkey bars anymore. You got me in trouble with my mama and daddy. Cause the teacher called them and I wasn't allowed to do anything but sit." He said 

"Good." She said and walked off.