(25) Another Break up & Broken Heart

Two months later 

It was getting close to the play offs for the Frozen Four. Langston wasn't focused on that he was also focused on graduation. He had been in NY most of the day getting a job lined up for after college.

Maggie was sitting in her room doing her homework when he came in. He made her set up to him. 

"So we need to talk.." he said 

She bit her lip. "You know that I would give you the world if I could baby." He whispered as he caressed her cheek. 

"Langston you don't have to sugar coat this. You aren't the first boy to break my heart." She said 

He swallowed hard. "And I wish I didn't have to Maggie. But this job is in NY and you still have a year left of school. And not to mention you said you have to start training again." He said 

She looked down. "I love you Maggie but this is where we need to say goodbye. Because I don't want to wait till graduation cause feelings would be stronger in a few months time. And it will hurt more." He said as she wiped tears.

"Yeah.." she said 

He kissed her forehead. "I should go.." he whispered 

"Yeah." She said as her voice began to shake. 

As soon as he shut the door she broke into tears and he could feel his heart breaking as he walked away. He saw his little sister Maci.

"How could you Lang? How could you hurt my best friend!" She snapped 

"Maci I.." Langston said 

"Get out!" Maci said as she opened the door. 

She slammed the door behind him and went to Maggie's room. Maci held her best friend as she cried herself asleep. Carlie joined them as she came home.

********************************

After spending two weeks hiding in the library Maggie was able to get dolled up again. Bucky seen her leaving the science building. 

"God she is so beautiful.." he whispered as she watched her walk across campus. 

Carlie and Maci joined her as they headed towards the dining hall. Bucky looked down as he headed to American Literature III.