(4) Picking For You

Four years later 

Bucky made the trip to Boston Massachusetts where his dad was currently living with his new wife and kids. Bucky slammed the door of his car as he got out. 

James came out of the house. "Hello son." He said 

"Hello dad." He said as he walked by. 

"You better be careful slamming that car door. I didn't buy it for you to break it." James said as he followed him in. 

"Look dad I only came here because mom said that college was your decision to help me with." He said as he slammed his bag on the kitchen table. 

"Buchanan that is enough of the attitude. Nate and Nick don't act like this when they visit." James said as he poured scotch.

"That's because they are scared of you." Bucky said as he opened the bag. 

He laid out the colleges that wanted him most of them was Ivy League colleges. James came over and looked over everything. 

"Harvard." James said 

"Dad.." Bucky said 

"You are a legacy son that's where you are going. Unless you would rather ask step daddy to pay for your shit from now on." James said 

Bucky ran his hand through his hair. "I don't see him as the hockey hall famer. He's to busy cutting people open like your mother and Dallas." James said 

"Fine Harvard it is. So glad I wasted three hours of my life driving here just for you tell me what to do." He said as he picked up his stuff. 

"You can always stay. Have dinner with us." James said 

"No thanks dad. I rather not sit and wonder how someone who is 28 is married and sleeping with my almost sixty year old dad. And has his kids." Bucky said as he left. 

"Son.." James said as Bucky slammed the front door. 

Bucky made his way back to NY.