(8) Maggie's Secret Is Out

Two weeks later 

Bucky was coming into the ice rink at the college. He had his air pods in and he was about to get in some extra puck practice. When he walked in he saw a blonde dressed in all black doing a triple Axel to the song "La La." Ashlee Simpson. 

He dropped his hockey bag when he saw that it was Maggie. She was skating all over spinning on one leg. Skating on one leg as she held one up and doing more triple Axel. 

"My god.." he whispered 

He picked up his bag and found his air pods he made his way down to the entrance of the rink. As she continued to be in her own world he put on his skates as he continued to watch her. Once her song was over he skated out. 

"When the hell did you learn to do that?" He said 

She jumped and turned around. 

"How long have you been standing here?" She said 

"Long enough to know that you clearly have a secret. When did you learn to do that?" He said 

She began to skate off. "Not that's it's any of your business. But I've been doing this since I was 13.." she said as she sat down to take off her skates. 

"Is this why you moved away?" He said 

She sighed as he skated back to the entrance. "No we moved cause my dad got a job off to work at a hospital in Greenwich CT." She said as she put on her shoes. 

"Ah, now the whole Fitz and Westbrook thing makes sense. You went to some snooty private school." He said 

She pulled on her white jacket picked up skates. "Bye James." She said 

"You know not to call me that." He said as she walked away. 

He read on the back of her jacket "US Figure Skating Team." 

"Holy shit.." he whispered 

That night when he returned home from his night class. He locked the door to his bedroom found his headphones for his lap top. 

"Maggie Connors figure skating." He said as he typed into his YouTube search bar. When nothing popped up he put in Margaret Connors. A whole slew of videos of her came up of her competitions and she was already a two time olympian. 

"My God Maggie.." he whispered

He went down a rabbit hole of her videos till he couldn't keep his eyes open. He closed his laptop and fell asleep.