(27) I Love You

"Hey Mags it's your car alarm that is going off." Tinsley said (the RA) 

"Thanks Tinsley." She said as she went to get her keys. 

She tried to get her remote to work. "Ugh it's raining.." she said as she slipped on a sweater and shoes. 

She walked out to the parking lot and got her alarm to turn off. Maggie went to go back inside cause it was also cold. 

"Maggie.." she heard behind her. 

She turned around to see a soaking wet Bucky. 

"Buck?" She whispered 

"I love you..I know that's hard to believe right now. But it's the truth I am in love with you. I know it was wrong of me to tell the others not to be with you. I know that I've done a lot hurtful stupid things in the past. I'm sorry for all that..I'm sorry for making jokes when you had your reaction to the strawberries. I'm sorry I made you break your arm in the first grade. I'm sorry that I caused your first broken heart. I was hurt when you moved away and I didn't know why but I do now. I realized on my long walk here that I've been sleeping with girls that look like you because I want you." He said as he walked a little closer. 

He dropped to his knees. "Maggie please give me a chance to prove to you that I'm serious. I'll do whatever you want me to do to prove it to you." He said 

She looked around to see everyone staring. "Bucky get up.." she whispered 

He looked up at her. "Not till you say yes.." he said 

She helped him up. "Come on..it's fucking freezing and raining." She said as she dragged him inside. 

When they got up to her room. 

"Have you lost your mind? You couldn't just knock on my door." She said 

"I was afraid you would slam the door in my face." He said as she went to get towels. 

She found some clothes that she stole from Dylan. She gave them to him to change while she made tea and changed in the bathroom. When he joined her in the living room she gave him some tea and a bag of frozen corn. 

"Who did this?" She said as she placed it on his eye. 

"I'm fine Maggie it's fine.." he whispered 

"Did you go to the ER?" She said 

"No..it's fine.." he said 

She looked down. "Bucky what you said out there.." she said 

He looked down. "I'm not saying it's a no. But what I am saying we can start with being friends and work our way towards that. So I can see that you are serious. I mean Dylan already told me about how you quit going to parties and Pietro told me that you haven't had any girls over since I slapped you. But for now we can be friends." She said 

"I'll take that Maggie.." he said 

By the end of the night they were in her bed asleep. The next morning they woke up coughing and sniffling. 

"See what you caused?" She whispered 

"It was worth it.." he whispered as he caressed her cheek.