Chapter 01

12:35 PM

Lee Dynasty Territory

Minho was getting dressed by a few servants when his father walked in, his face serious. He could tell bad news was coming his way but still managed to stay in a good mood so his father wouldn't scold him. "Good evening father, what's wrong?" He asked, stepping down from the podium. He gestured the servants away and started buttoning his own shirt and sleeve.

"Those people from the Kim Dynasty are tailing our men again, fifteen men died while protecting the palace wall. This is ridiculous, we need to put an end to it, head down for dinner so we can have a further conversation." His father demanded.

"Father, I'm sorry. I've eaten earlier and don't have much of an appetite, I'll be in my room studying the scriptures teacher handed to me from my schooling." The brunette bowed, he gulped hoping his dad would say yes.

"Alright, don't stay in your room for too long, take a walk in the garden later on. It'll be good for you." His father then walked out of the room, dismissing himself from the room.

Minho sat on his bed for half an hour waiting until the hallway was quiet before he opened the doors to his room. Not too long after the two guards standing outside stepped in front of him. "Did you want to go on that walk now your highness?" The first one asked.

Minho sighed. "I would like to go on my own. I need some fresh air and the two of you following my footsteps won't be of any help." He said, stepping aside.

"Alright sire, forgive me." They both bowed and stepped out of the way, moving positions so they could look after another branch of the palace.

1:12 PM

Local commoners pub outside of the Lee Dynasty territory

Minho was sitting down at a table in the middle of the pub and playing cards with a few other men there. He placed the rest of the three cards in his hand down. "Victory again! You men owe me a fine of a sack of golden coins." He smirked once they set the money down and slid the bags toward himself. "You," Minho stood up and put his hand on someone's shoulder. "I challenge you to a game of cards, if you lose you pay up." He said. "Warning though, I've never lost a game of anything in my life."

The cloaked figure turned around in confusion and stood there for a minute before speaking up. "No thanks, I came here to do important business." They said, keeping their head low.

"Alrighty then, your excuse saved you." Minho laughed and walked back to his seat, sitting down and drinking his pint of beer. "Hey, commoner!" He shouted towards the guy again, placing his pint back down on the table.

"What is it now?" The cloaked person turned their head and closed a scroll up.

Minho got up and pulled the cloak down from the person's head. "Your skin is pale, are you wealthy?" He asked. "You seem to be hiding your face, only commoners have tanned skin because they do outdoor work." Minho pulled him to the side.

The guy pulled his cloak back up. "I'm from a wealthy family, but my skin is sensitive to sunlight." He said in a nervous tone.

"Likewise, I didn't think there would be someone else with my condition." Minho lied, he was used to doing so to trick his parents or servants. "Do you remember me?" He asked, remembering the familiar face he saw when he was in the pub a while back.

"I haven't actually been able to speak to you properly, but I see you around a lot." The guy spoke up.

"Don't call guards on me for this because I know it's not permitted, but do you find males attractive?" Minho asked, now whispering. "Don't get any ideas to shout or anything of that sort. I have my sword with me." He put his coat to the side revealing a sword that was propped on his waist belt.