Chapter 07

Minho nodded, understanding, and then just connected their lips again, this time longer. "Then I'll be your first and only." He said, still cupping the younger's cheeks.

Seungmin felt warm inside with those words replaying in his head over and over again. "And our parents? My mother doesn't know it's you, she just knows I like someone. She'd be disappointed if she found out it was you because of your family." Seungmin frowned.

"Hm, my father would be mad at me for a bit but would have to accept it eventually since I already told him I liked guys," Minho said.

"I don't know..." Seungmin chewed on his lip nervously. "We should keep this to ourselves for now." He suggests.

"Yes, let's keep it a secret then. But if you fail to do so, I might have to punish you." He whispered, then picking up the paddles again before paddling back in the same way they came from.

"P-punish?" Seungmin muttered. He didn't know what Minho meant exactly so he pictured it in his head and shivered a bit. "I'll keep it a secret then." He said.

"When I say punish just so you know, I mean I'll have you under me." The older clarifies.

Seungmin gulped and felt a weird feeling in his stomach at the thought. "Oh, alright.." He replied.

"We're here, I hope you enjoyed the scenery and our talks." Minho smiled, leaving the boat first so that way he could help Seungmin out afterward.

"I don't want to go right now, I want to stay with you." Seungmin grabbed Minho's sleeve.

"You can stay with me then, but just saying, I'll be writing some stuff though for an important thing in my room. But it'll be nice to have you there as well." Minho said, picking Seungmin up now and placing him behind him.

"That's alright, can we do it outside?" Seungmin asked.

"Yeah that's fine, I've got to get the scrolls first though so you want to stay here while I grab them? Don't worry though it'll be like 3 minutes for me to come back." Minho said.

Seungmin nodded and crouched down so he could look at some small insects walk around until Minho came back. He grabbed a leaf and placed it in front of the ants, watching them surround it.

Lee Know looked behind him one last time to see Seungmin crouching and smiled before leaving to get his scrolls. He came back shortly after as he promised, this time with the scrolls, a feather, and some ink, and finally a medium-sized piece of cloth with a wooden basket on it. "I'm back, I thought you might have been hungry so we can sit on the floor and eat while I finish these up." He points to his scrolls and then places the cloth down neatly fixing it and then afterward the basket.

"Thank you! I was just starting to get hungry." Seungmin took out an apple from the basket before biting into it. He tore off a small bit of fruit and added it on top of the leaf, attracting more ants.

Lee Know nodded then started on his scrolls by dipping his feather in a small ink glass he brought them beginning to write. "I really wasn't expecting you to come here like randomly, but I liked the pleasant surprise." He said, keeping his eyes on the scroll.

"My tutor gave me a three-hour break and I couldn't focus on my studies because of you. So I came here to ease my mind." Seungmin replied, taking another bite of his apple.

"Sounds like someone's falling for me." Lee Know chuckled a bit, dipping his feather into the ink glass once more.

Seungmin shook his head, he was getting more and more embarrassed by the second.

Minho noticed out of the corner of his eye that Seungmin looked shy and put his scroll down. He then hugged the younger. "You don't have to be shy around me." He whispered.

Seungmin nodded, he took a deep breath and bit into his apple again to distract himself from any more thoughts that could make him feel this way again. "Don't get distracted because of me, carry on." He said, playing around with the small amounts of food the ants were going after.

"Alright, I'm almost finished though so I can give you more attention pretty soon," Minho said, finishing up the writing he did on the scroll then rolling it back up carefully. "I'm finished now..." He said before hugging Seungmin once again, bringing them both onto the floor so that they were both lying on the cloth.

"Can I ask you something Minho?" Seungmin turned to face him.

"Go for it." The older said, keeping his arms around Seungmin.

"What would happen if our parents found out? Our dynasties have hated each other for years, I don't know what would happen. Especially since our parents are so strict to stick to tradition and the scrolls." Seungmin began to panic.

"Don't worry about that right now angel, if anything like that happens I'll make sure to deal with it as best as possible I promise." Lee Know said with a calm look on his face, stroking the younger's hair.

"Angel," Seungmin repeated. "I like that, it makes me feel happy." He smiled.

"Good then, I also hate to break it to you but it's been a little bit more than 3 hours." Minho frowned a bit, sitting up and bringing Seungmin with him still in his arms.

Seungmin sighed, hugging Minho. "I guess I should go then before the servants start looking around for me. Thank you for everything." He stood up, patting himself off.

Minho stood up and pressed Seungmin to himself in a tight hug before kissing him once more. "Go back safely okay?" He said, still with his hands on the younger's shoulders.

Seungmin nodded and hugged Minho one last time, but longer, he then waved before walking off, going back to his horse, and rode away.

Once he got back his tutor was just walking to the blanket they were seated on earlier. He was glad he didn't arrive too late. "Hello, Mrs. Choi I'm back." Seungmin hopped off his steed.

"Welcome back your highness, your mom wants to talk to you, she's in her room at the moment."

Seungmin nodded. "Alright, I'll go attend to her." He walked inside the palace, going to his mother's room where she was getting her hair brushed by a servant. "You called for me mother?" He asked.

"Yes, sit down here. I want to talk to you about something. And you may leave." She gestured a servant away.

Seungmin sat down in a chair beside his mother. "What's this about?" He questioned once more.

"The annual ball is coming up and this year I figured you've come of age to actually attend and not be outside doing something else." She said, smiling.

Seungmin got excited. "Really? I get to dress up and everything?" He asked.

"Yes, I'll have someone take care of that for you." The empress said. They finished up on the topic and Seungmin went to his room and plopped on his bed, kicking his feet around excitedly. "I can't wait!" He said into a pillow.