Chapter 04

Lee Know finally arrived at home and saw Hyunjin waiting for him at the stables. He hopped off his horse and helped lead it back into its place. "Hey, Hyunjin, how have you been?" He asked.

Hyunjin waved and walked up to Minho. "I've been great, did you have fun with your little lover?" He teased.

"Knock it off!" Lee Know laughed and then finally locked his horse into place. "But yes, I did." He finally said.

"I can tell, you normally aren't smiling around the place like that. You look as if you just saw God himself." Hyunjin shook his head, finding the situation amusing.

"What can I say, he's adorable and almost like a doll," Minho said before continuing. "Not only that, but you should have seen the look on his face after I kissed his hand!" He said.

Hyunjin nodded. "You do seem to have that effect on people. The palace maids won't stop going on about you, I think I'm starting to hear voices. You speak so well of him, I'd like to see him someday." He placed a saddleback on a hook after cleaning it off. 

"Who knows, maybe you will. Also, I've got to hurry up inside since I remembered I've got a conference to attend too soon." Lee Know said, starting to walk up the pathway.

"Of course your majesty." Hyunjin bowed, cringing a bit since it was his friend. "Sorry." He mouthed, scrunching his nose.

"Never do it again unless you're in front of my family and you'll be fine." Minho laughed before running up the pathway and into the palace. When he finally got there, he changed into an attire that would be appropriate for the conference then headed to the dining room area where his family was waiting. "So when will they be here?" He asked, sitting down in his usual spot.

"Welcome your highness." One of the conference men placed their mug down. "They said tomorrow morning, they'll prepare a deal, something that will satisfy us but they have not yet specified." He said, in an unamused tone.

"I mean, I guess if I've got more time to prepare then I'll be okay with them coming later..." Minho sighed.

"Later...?" The man said.

The empress stood up. "You fool! They're coming today. Keep track of the date and time." She shouted. The man stood up and bowed in forgiveness before sitting back down. "Yes son, they're coming today." She piped down.

"Oh okay, then we can propose what we're giving in return to them if we've got something already?" Minho said.

"Yes precisely, I can tell you did your studies overnight. We give them safety. You know they hate anything to do with violence, in return for their crops and good quality silk clothing, we protect them." His mother replied, sitting back down in her seat.

"Okay, who'll be the one to suggest this when they arrive?" Lee Know asked, pulling a scroll out.

"Knowing how soft they are I suggest we butter them up first, then you, the prince will bring up the situation." Another conference man said.

"Sounds like a deal, I'll have the palace chefs prepare food for their arrival then," Minho replied, already calling for a servant.

"You're a fast learner, just like your father." His mother smiled. She and the other conference members turned their heads to look down the hallway when they heard the sound of the gates opening. "They're early." She said, then stood up so she could bow when they arrived.

"It's alright, keep the chefs going and we can busy them with talking meanwhile we wait for the food." Lee Know said, also standing up.

The empress nodded in agreement then saw as the two royalty members walked up to the table. "Hello, I'm the empress of the Kim Dynasty, this is my son, Kim Seungmin, he came only to watch and learn how we deal with things of this matter." She presented the two of them, bowing.

Lee Know bowed as well before standing straight up again and recognizing Seungmin. Since he was in a conference environment though, he didn't say anything but instead just let his mother do the introduction like she usually did.

"Welcome empress Kim, this is my son Lee Minho. Prince of the Lee Dynasty, he's going to be fully in participation in this meeting, you both may be seated." She gestured a few servants over to pull out chairs for the two.

"Since you've arrived while the chefs were making food, we will be talking a bit about each of our kingdom's resources and how we can benefit each other while we wait." Lee Know said, taking out a scroll.

The empress nodded, a smile on her face. She looked over at her son and whispered something inaudible to everyone else. He giggled then nodded, looking back at Minho.

Seungmin looked at Minho and gasped when he realized something. He pointed to the side of his own head, trying to get Minho's attention. "The flower!" He mouthed, pointing to his head again.

Meanwhile, Minho was talking, he noticed Seungmin acting a bit strange until he caught on. He quickly removed the flower from behind his ear and placed it somewhere behind him, then clearing his throat to continue talking. "Apologies for my sudden behavior, as I was saying, we could benefit your kingdom with the amount of highly skilled guards we have." Lee Know said, trying to handle this situation as appropriately as possible.

"That sounds good, what will you like in return? We can offer fruits of the best quality, wheat, clothing, silk maybe?" Empress Kim stated.

"Yes, that would be around what we'd like. Specifically, crops and silk if possible." Minho stated in return.

"Of course, I'll have the ladies get started on it today." She replied.

"Thank you for your negotiations, now please enjoy the dinner we have had our chefs prepare for you if you may." Lee Know put a smile on as the chefs walked into the room with food and started placing the dishes all around the table.

Both guests nodded, they waited for the empresses to start eating before digging in.

Lee Know stood up and tried signaling for Seungmin to follow him out of the room after he left. "Excuse me for a moment, I'll be back in a bit. I have something important I remembered about that I left back there." He pointed towards the exit of the room and made his way out.

Seungmin got the hint and turned to his mother, whispering something before leaving after Minho, but slowly after so it wouldn't be as obvious.

"Excuse my son, he asked to use the washroom." She said, continuing to eat her food after everyone nodded.